Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was out riding this weekend and hallway through he starts developing an issue where the machine will not rev past 7k. it briefly will hit 7200 then it almost bogs down to 5800-6200 rpm.

no slipping belt smell, does this when riding in low or trying to rev in neutral. made sure spark plug boots were on tight.

no code on the dash, did efi reset, tps reads 100% when fully depressed.

i just installed a speedwerx secondary spring before the ride and blew all the dust out of the clutch. everything looked good, rollers were solid no chips. didn't take the primary apart but brief visual inspection was fine.

like i said machine rode fine for about 100 miles before having the problem.

could a low battery cause these symptoms on?

·
Administrator
27,588 Posts
Always go through the easiest stuff first. You state the problem started after you installed the new clutch spring. Could it have somehow shifted to not make full contact? Could it be the wrong spring, even though the package said the right spring? Do you have the old spring just to try and see if the problem is still there?

Then I would check your plugs to see if they are fouled, and check your air cleaner to see if it's clogged, and the machine is breathing well.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was going to try checking the secondary spring, but i didn't think that was it because the problem is the same in neutral and any other gear.

did check the air filter even though i just cleaned it prior to the ride

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Take the secondary spring back out and make sure the seat for it is smooth, some guys put Teflon washers in there.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Ohsportcat: Your right If it won't rev in neutral the clutching can't have anything to do with it.
Still sounds like a fuel problem, but wouldn't rule out ignition either.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, so my first theory was correct it seems. i know these machines are very picky when it comes to voltage. i threw a new battery in there and it revs up just fine to the 7750 limiter. so I'm guessing the low voltage was screwing with the efi system somehow.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Well I was 1/3rd right, low voltage screws the ECU which screws the ignition :unsure:
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've posted this before but adding an additional ground wire from battery negative to a good clean frame ground in addition to the normal ground to the motor made our trail idle smoother and run better overall

I've done that to my sport from the beginning. I'm going to add one to his when i put on the fuse block

1 - 10 of 10 Posts