Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To Properly Burnish The Brakes
# 1 Choose An Area sufficiently Large To Safely Accelerate To 30 Mpr & To Brake To A Stop
# 2 Accelerate To 30mpr Then Press Brake Pedal To Decelerate To 0 To 5mpr
# 3 Repeat 20 Times
This Is What The Manual Says
Now I Have Done This & Have Great Brakes Now Is It Because Its Cold Here ?
You Folks In The Warmer Areas Break Them In This Way ?
Just Gets Old Reading A Thread & Some One Jumps In Complaning About Brakes
So Here Ya Go Guys & Girls You Now Know How To Do It
So You Have A Nice Area Right Here To Complain

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
by the term push pedal to decellerate, you mean stomp the brake pedal to lock up tires?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Some think the manual is there in case you get caught way out in the bush and dont have any tp for your bunghole.:cool: Read the manual people.

Reactions: stinkyboy1979

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm guessing a lot of the guys with brake problems didn't do any of that. I bet they just hopped in and rode normally. That doesn't work so well................

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think I said somthing about brakeing them in on one of the OP. Some people just dont get it they dont brake in there engines or brakes. Then tey will say the machine is junk.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I watched the dealer burnish my brakes, and they still squeak and squeal like hell when hot. I might not bug most people, but I hate noises and vibrations. They do work well though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
by the term push pedal to decellerate, you mean stomp the brake pedal to lock up tires?
Pretty sure you were kidding, but just in case. No, don't lock the brakes up! You want to build up tons of heat and basically fit the pads to the disk. You'll notice when you've done it right. Do this on pavement too. If you try to burnish on the dirt, you can't be near as aggressive without them locking up.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I burnished mine per the manual and they work great. before that they did not work at all, so do yourself a favor and make sure you burnish em!

·
Registered
396 Posts
But how can you believe the Manuel. Look on page 15 in the safety warning section, it states "POTENTIAL HAZARD" Operating the vehicle with differential lock engaged, I guess it is put there for looks only LOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
But how can you believe the Manuel. Look on page 15 in the safety warning section, it states "POTENTIAL HAZARD" Operating the vehicle with differential lock engaged, I guess it is put there for looks only LOL
Have you rode an Arctic Cat ATV with the diff locked? That's the way I like to drive on the slalom course, lol!

·
Registered
195 Posts
step num. 2 is a littttle cunfusing.. so you just slowly break till you hit 5 mph ?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
step num. 2 is a littttle cunfusing.. so you just slowly break till you hit 5 mph ?
To Be Honest I Slamed Them On & I Have Great Brakes
1st 3 Or4 Time Felt Light & Pulling To Right At 5 It Was Stoping Strait & Fast

·
Registered
103 Posts
Run 30-40 MPH. Next, step on the brake as hard as you can without locking them up. You want to get them piping hot. If they lock up, the pads aren't applying friction to the discs thus no heat. Repeat the procedure numerous times. Let them cool for 30 minutes or so and then get back in and try them. They should feel a lot better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts