Wildcat Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sean,
I have an 2018 XX ex race car that the previous owner had you do full race builds on the front diff and rear transmission. With you coming out with new parts for the front and rear, should I look into those upgrades or is your race build (with continued good servicing) plenty good now the car is just for recreational use? I like to drive "briskly" but no where near the race pace it used to be driven. No rock crawling to speak of. Lots of mountain forest roads here in Idaho and once a year run to the Parker area for some winter fun in the desert.
Thanks
Jay

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sean,
I have an 2018 XX ex race car that the previous owner had you do full race builds on the front diff and rear transmission. With you coming out with new parts for the front and rear, should I look into those upgrades or is your race build (with continued good servicing) plenty good now the car is just for recreational use? I like to drive "briskly" but no where near the race pace it used to be driven. No rock crawling to speak of. Lots of mountain forest roads here in Idaho and once a year run to the Parker area for some winter fun in the desert.
Thanks
Jay
Jay,

The front diff parts are going to be the biggest upgrade. I would certainly suggest sending that front diff in once we get those parts ready for sale. The prep we do to the stock diffs is really just a "band aid" to get them to last as long as possible. These front diff parts coming down the pipe will really be the fix going forward.

It's probably worth sending the gearbox in for a service at a minimum. We magna flux all of the gears to check for cracks, and replace before those parts fail and take out all of the other good parts in the trans, often times requiring a complete new transaxle (I can't stress preventative maintenance and parts replacement enough on these things). It will not have anything for the transaxles until next year. We just started the design process and reverse engineering.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I ordered a BHE and will be selling our 2021 with 32" terrabites and rims, have stock rims and tires soft convertible roof, half window, mirror that are new go with it. We have 4800 miles with brand new team - cat clutch just put on. We ride in northern wi. Fire roads that are gravel and blacktop. No dessert or mudding at all. Had 3 full service oil, Trans, front diff and air filter done since new at cat dealer. No damage and looks like new. 18,000
Nice, those look pretty sweet. I'm just too cheap to pony up the dough. We're hoping to have the house paid off in a few years so I can retire so toy purchases are well thought out. I'd be cheaper if my wife let me have a GF but for some reason she still won't bite :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I spent 7 years in st. paul and we always liked the drive through WI on our way to IL, very pretty .
I just found a unit in CO so I'm only a couple of hrs away and it gives us a chance to visit our child at the AFA. If that doesn't work out and you still have yours I can send you a message for more info.

·
Registered
2021 Wildcat XX
25 Posts
They don't sell the xtr anymore only the xx. We have 4800 mi on our 2021 and has been bullet proof except for the primary clutch sheaves we're getting grooved so we replaced it. Othere than that nothing. Only complaint, too loud!!!
I just turned 10K on my 2021 in 13 months - yup, I feel its bullet proof as well - did go thru a clutch, one coil, and some usual maintenance; upper a-arm spherical ball joints and front bearings. Other than that, yup its loud, its dusty, its hot, front windshield steams up; some of this I could take care of but hell, I just keep jumping in to ride......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I just turned 10K on my 2021 in 13 months - yup, I feel its bullet proof as well - did go thru a clutch, one coil, and some usual maintenance; upper a-arm spherical ball joints and front bearings. Other than that, yup its loud, its dusty, its hot, front windshield steams up; some of this I could take care of but hell, I just keep jumping in to ride......
Thanks for the reply all. I was also looking at a KRX1000 but 68" on stock tires will likely squeeze me off a few trails. One local to me is 65" "strictly enforced."
I'll be grabbing the machine Dean has for sale. It gives us an excuse to head to CO again to visit the child for the weekend.

Reactions: DeanTeck

·
Premium Member
8,152 Posts
great people were/are members of the usaf...67-71...

Reactions: powerlifter405

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Reactions: DeanTeck

·
Premium Member
8,152 Posts
Our child is in her Jr year at the USAFA
to you she's your child to others she's a young woman serving her country...thank her for her service...

Reactions: powerlifter405

·
Premium Member
8,152 Posts
youll be buying a great rig from Dean..that is a real "old" man driven rig..haha and Dean, if you get the urge to go riding in the Black Hills, I think I can round up an extra rig for you guys to drive..
thanks for the offer kevin...we're gonna miss the "hills" for sure...off roading in florida in the heat w/matching humidity had no desirable aspects to it...like indiana jones said, "i hate snakes"...and "cock roaches" as well...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
to you she's your child to others she's a young woman serving her country...thank her for her service...
Thanks, will do(y) shes pretty humble about it.

·
Premium Member
8,152 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts