Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear WildCat owners,
i am about to buy a WC 2012 from Bass ProShop in mesa, AZ. Reading the blogs and talking to my friends I hear an awful lot of problems. blown belts, blown motors, oil leaks, failing power steering.... I will drive this thing hard and mostly in the dunes. I have had Raptors 660 and 700, decked out to hilt and we drive hard, really hard.

Is the Arctic Cat Wild Cat my best choice????

hope to hear soon!!!!

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
IF YOU ARE GOING TO DECK IT OUT. IT IS THE BEST STARTING PLATFORM. EVERY BRAND HAS ITS ON PROBLEMs

·
Registered
621 Posts
If I was to do it over again I'd buy another Wildcat, mine has been great since I bought it. Rzr's are dependable I'll admit that but every Tom Dick and Harry has one. Plus they're ugly as shiat

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i agree that EVERYBODY has an effin RZR..... but the problems that i'm reading about in the forums and my buddy, RZR driver for about 4000 miles per year, and KNOWS how i ride, tells me i'm about to make the biggest mistake of my life.... a $20,000 mistake!!!! i do not mind spending money, but i'm no technician... I just like riding!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
You need to remember that people don't generally come to the forums of a product to boast about how awesome it is. For the most part people come here when they have a problem and want answers and help. So a majority of what you're going to see are problems. I've got over 600 miles on mine, and the only issues I've had were self inflicted. Some people are in the thousands of miles with no issues... For every troubled machine posted here, there are a handfull that have none. If it's legitimately an issue caused by AC, they'll fix it.(As long as the warrantee is good) And I've even seen a few get fixes that might not have entirely been AC's fault.

I love my Wildcat, and I have not had ONE regret in the 6 months I've owned it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i am aware of that issue and even friends advice is iffy.... had 1st gen prowler for years and ridden it hard, real hard. yes, issues, but self inflicted.... Don't pull out stuck 4x4 trucks WITH 37ft toyhaulers out of the sand, cuz eventually u will burn a belt.... I know that.... but it is a $20k purchase, all said and done....

The 1000 prowler engine has given another friends, careful driver, tons of issues and Bass Pro Shop seems to be tough dealer... anyone else have experience?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Good luck with whatever you decide to buy, The Wildcat is on it's own compared to the Rzr, it's like comparing apples and oranges. They both serve the same purpose but ride and operate completely different. Wildcat's are cool, what more do you need then that?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, my heart is with the WC.... will try it and make sure Bass Pro Shop knows who they r dealing with.... not some rookie.....:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marcus, u seem to have put on larger than stock tires on ur WC.... doesn't that give it less torque?? it looks very cool, btw!!!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
For strictly duning, stock right out of the box the XP kills the Wildcat. But take the money you're about to save by going with last years model and invest in a good wet clutch delete and exhaust and you're gtg. You may not beat an XP in a drag race but you will have the better ride.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Plus you get a 2 year warranty now. I just got 6 months when i bought mine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, its the closest dealer by 50 miles.... for me, shooting it up comp hill is not my thing. done that. its all a matter how much u want to risk equipment and body... for me it comes down to pure bowling... which comes down to skills and knowledge, how to read the dunes...

with regards to the title: no, it was not meant political, but to shake loose real riders that have no regrets... there will always be issues and things that break. if u cant afford the repairs, don't ride... but i also would like to prevent buying a lemon!!!! cuz lemons are built.... no matter what... The SxS market is soo young and new, that every year they will come out with bigger and better....

when i started duning with my used 4x4 quad and was standing at comp, i would ask others how much they invested in their bikes.... 10-15k was usually the answer... R u kidding me!!! but, 7 years later all my families bikes have 15k or more invested in them.... total of 7 quads.... and 1 prowler with long travel suspension. Which all quads have too, Elka is my preferred brand...

so, again, i have been around the block........:)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
i own a turbo rzr-s, my friends all have rzr's or xp's , i am the only wildcat in our group, THEY ALL like my cat and none can out run off and leave me in the trails, true, i have had an oil leak replaced under warranty, but over 1000 miles, never broken a belt, never had a flat,
i have rolled it once, didnt bend anything. i have a wcd and have videos of me beating xp's, they are about dead even in my opinion on the drag strip, really depends on who jumps the start.
i would not trade it for the xp, high seat height, short leg room, crappy frame and roll cages out weight the few extra hp it may have.
and my turbo is for sale. i always seem to jump in the wildcat w/o hesitation when both are sitting there with the keys in them.

they both have faults, but the cat has a better overall starting platform for long term racing.

Reactions: thunder45

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
How about this comment. My buddy has an XP. I took his girlfriend for a ride through a trail that we often ride together. Her first comment at our first stop was "your a much better driver than John! So smooth!" I said, "yeah, I know". But in the back of my head I knew it was mostly just that the Wildcat is that much better of a ride.

·
Registered
221 Posts
man this thread isnt helping me either, im trying to decide between the new maverick or wc. That almost 30 extra hp sure is hard not to think about and the awesome interior. I have the xp now with over 2000 mi without 1 problem, and i worry about the wc to. I read more problems with the wc then i do on any of the other forum brands, but part of me still wants 1..lol. Also in january an all new rzr is coming out so i can only imagine it will be an xp 1000 with over a 101 hp and new design..so who know what to do..lol

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
just get the new xp wildone in jan 2013 it going to be a bad ass it will be the one to get................................................................................................................................. 4331101.jpg

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I wont buy a Maverick no matter how fast it is.. Have a commander and it is based to closely on it and I know where its flaws are. As far as the "new" xp we will see if and what they change. For now I plan on just upgrading the cat as I see needed, or as problems come to light. IMO its the best machine to start with right now..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts