Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
New to this forum and SxS's.
I've always owned quads and my TRV550 has been good to me.
I was shopping for another 2 up machine and started wondering about Sxs.
I found a 2018 Wildcat Sport XT for sale with 30 miles on it for $9k from a private seller who claims to be selling for health reasons.
$9k got my attention as it is less than any 2-up or SxS I've seen.
I KNOW NOTHTING about SxS or Wildcats. I know how to wrench on my quads. I love the versatility of my TRV which is why I'm keeping it.
We ride 500+ miles of trails a year.
Is the Sport XT a good machine? Should I be worried about the 30 miles? Should I hold out for a Can Am or Polaris?
Should the current state of Artic Cat machines bother me?
Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
For that money I would go buy it nothing wrong with it I’m sure you will enjoy riding the trails with it cats r better than the rzr and can an maverick

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
Welcome Inspector. The Sport is a great car, you will have a great time. Very reliable, don't worry about AC. 2 things, well really 3, get yourself harnesses and a harness bar soon as possible. Harnesses will save your life one day. Don't do doughnuts, sure way to roll over.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome Inspector. The Sport is a great car, you will have a great time. Very reliable, don't worry about AC. 2 things, well really 3, get yourself harnesses and a harness bar soon as possible. Harnesses will save your life one day. Don't do doughnuts, sure way to roll over.
What harness do you recommend??

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
What harness do you recommend??
Well, I've owned 5 different SXSs. All of them were or are equipped with UTV Inc.'s harnesses. I run UTV Inc.'s harnesses and a bunch of other stuff because they've built all my cars, and make quality stuff. Plus they are a Supporting Vendor here, and have great sales! A lot of our Supporting Vendors sell harnesses, depends what you want, and like.

Here are my thoughts on harnesses. Get them, they will save your life one day. 2 different types of harnesses, 2" and 3" wide ones. It's a comfort thing, most like the 2" wide ones, I don't. They move around too much on me. I like the 3" ones better. Get harnesses that have shoulder pads sewn in. UTV Inc. has that, some don't. Your neck and shoulders will thank you. Get the 5th point, anti-submarine strap, keeps the harnesses from riding up, and from you sliding down. You could go 6 points here, but 5 works well. Harnesses come in a variety of colors too, depends what color you like.

3 types of closures. I always recommend the racing type clasp through hook down closure. It's typically what is sold with good harnesses. The other two types I tell people to stay away from. Either automobile type, or cam lock style. Either of these types can and do get jammed either open or closed, from dirt, sand, and debris getting in there. Then you have to dump water on them to open them. Jammed closed is something you don't want incase of an emergency (think fire).

Last tip is harnesses need to be worn as tight as possible, bordering on uncomfortable. If you can move around with a harness on, it's little to no good. You should be locked in. If a passenger complains, tell them to get out. We're not driving Benzs or Cadillacs, off roading is great fun, but dangerous. You are responsible for not only yourself, but that passenger. I've said this before but I've seen people hurt, maimed, and killed because they weren't wearing harnesses.

Long read, hope it helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts