Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Up to now I have enjoyed the "Automatic In Cab Heating" system. Now that we are seeing 80 degrees I am wondering what people are doing to cool things down. I hate duct tape but.......
see to it that all your rides are 8,000 to 14,000 feet...haaaaaa...

Reactions: DustyRocKrawler

·
Registered
6 Posts
Up to now I have enjoyed the "Automatic In Cab Heating" system. Now that we are seeing 80 degrees I am wondering what people are doing to cool things down. I hate duct tape but.......
I love everything about the XX except the heat that comes in the cab due to all of the holes in the dash and the fact that there is no closed firewall. Now that the weather is warming up it has got unbearable. Both my wife and myself are sweating when we go on a ride. So right now I am in the process of installing a rear radiator across the rear bars of the roll cage. I am then going to put a tool box where the front radiator was. I have also installed a winch where the front radiator was. Much better. When Robby Gordon designed it, which he did a great job, he did not take into consideration driver comfort.

Total investment into the radiator switch is $250.00. new jeep grand cherokee radiator with 3 electric fans, weatherpak connectors, 4- 1 7/5" roll bar clamps, 2 1/2" aluminum angle iron, 1" aluminum angle iron, rubber grommets and some 14 gauge wire. 2 of the fans work like the stock fans did and the third center fan is on a manual switch for when we are sitting still in it and feeling a heat from the radiator behind us. s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
...the OEM radiator can not be installed in the rear ?? you gotta buy another one??

·
Registered
6 Posts
...the OEM radiator can not be installed in the rear ?? you gotta buy another one??
No, you could use the stock radiator but it does have one issue. The radiator filler is not on the radiator. It is on the overflow tank which is higher than the stock radiator location. That plus the fact that it has plastic ends on it made me chose the aftermarket radiator. The one pictured above cost me $169.00 shipped with 3 electric fans on it. Ebay. From a 91-99 Jeep grand Cherokee. it measures 12" x 36" with a filler cap built on it. perfect.

If you use the stock radiator you are going to have to come up with a way to fill it up and remove the air bubbles which will accumulate in it.

Rod

·
Registered
16 Posts
What about reversing the polarity on fans to push not pull? May need to flip blades over...not sure..just something I was thinking about for mine...seems like it would work plus it blow dirt out of radiator, kill 2 birds with 1 stone...any thoughts???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't believe that will work. In theory you could move the fans to the other side of the radiator or buy pusher fans but you will constantly be fighting the normal flow of air traveling thru the radiator from your forward travel, so you would be fighting the air flow across the radiator and probably overheat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts