Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has MLS or anyone come out with Cage extension for the back end or spare tire carrier yet? :cool:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I think MLS has something in the works, not sure exactly what. Im going to attempt my own. Rack extension wont be hard but im shooting for something a little more ellaborate.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
picture this on the trail joining front steel bumper to rollcage and rocksliders and rear steel bumper to roll cage and rock sliders. Gives full roll cage and side protection.

exo.jpg

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts
picture this on the trail joining front steel bumper to rollcage and rocksliders and rear steel bumper to roll cage and rock sliders. Gives full roll cage and side protection.

View attachment 18503
Very cool Toy! Nice job on the cage too!

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice work on that cage. Looks like this trunk is safe for sure. Wish I had the pipe bender - Did you buy that cage or manufacture it? If you manufactured the quality on that came out very nice.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
No no, thats not mine, thats a pic i googled to better explain what i meant. I did something similar to an old tracker years ago. A pipe bender, a good mig welder, and lots of patience can go a long way. Sorry for the misunderstanding, just thought that was a fine example.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think MLS has something in the works, not sure exactly what. Im going to attempt my own. Rack extension wont be hard but im shooting for something a little more ellaborate.
Here is what I built. I can send you some drawings but a lot of it was fit and tacked on the machine, removed and welded and then added to.
IMG_6800compressed.jpg

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I used this for a rear tire carrier off my trailer hitch on my Wildcat. I did have to shorten the part that goes into the hitch and redrill the hitch pin holes to move the mount in as close to the machine as possible but it's very solid and works great. I also ran a bolt through the small horizontal bar on the back end of the Wildcat through the carrier to really lock it in and keep it from moving around.
2014-05-29_17-28-28.jpg photo_2-3.jpg

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
That's a great idea

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Chris Reed, I love the angle of the bars. Looks great

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would too - Just hoping whoever makes the cage doesn't charge a grand for pipe bending with fittings -

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Chris that is awesome. I love it. man you need to make those. im sure people would buy them.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Here is what I built. I can send you some drawings but a lot of it was fit and tacked on the machine, removed and welded and then added to.
View attachment 18505
I like the way you did the bars. Good use of space and you can still get easy access to the cargo bed and have no trouble seeing behind you. When i do my bars im going to join them to my rear steel bumper. I plan on approaching it the same way, fit, tack, remove it, then burn it in.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chris that is some really good work -

searched internet and so far nothing - Found a company called spectrum sand sports online and they will come out with a cage extension sometime this summer (not close enough for me) They also mentioned they are working with some racers on a spring kit and will be starting first with a lift kit and bumpers - Told him we all already have bumper choices but ok...

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chris i see the badge on the side of your trail - is that emergency response vehicle? Or is it just mud in the shape of a CHP badge?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I do SAR with the Utah County Sheriff. We use ATVs and UTVs a lot on rescues. I have two machines totally set up for SAR, a TRV700 and now the WildCat. The TRV has almost 8,000 miles on it now and the Wildcat is my new machine. Both machines are set up with lights and siren.

I used to not have the lights. Then one rescue I was on a bike/runner path during a search. I had a lady start screaming at me because I was on the path on an ATV. Mind you I was in uniform and I was cutting for sign on the trail so I was slow...like way slow. She was literally screaming at me. I told her we were looking for a missing man that was down...she did not care. I finally told here to go down and complain to the SAR deputy below me and I drove off. After that I put on the code three lights and I have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I modeled the rack system on the Wildcat and designed the rack extension to match it. I played with those angles a lot on the computer getting something that I liked. There was another guy here on the forum that wanted more details on how I built it. I created a pdf of what I did and I will share that if there is an interest. I was taking more photos for him and I will attach a couple without the fuel tank so you can see the structure. IMG_7052.JPG IMG_7058.JPG Chris

·
Registered
722 Posts
I used this for a rear tire carrier off my trailer hitch on my Wildcat. I did have to shorten the part that goes into the hitch and redrill the hitch pin holes to move the mount in as close to the machine as possible but it's very solid and works great. I also ran a bolt through the small horizontal bar on the back end of the Wildcat through the carrier to really lock it in and keep it from moving around.
View attachment 18506 View attachment 18507
I like this setup the best so far. Simple to remove and get out of the way. I mostly dune so this would be perfect for the odd times I desert ride

1 - 20 of 70 Posts