Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO SO dissapointed first time out on an actual ride and this happens! Noticed somthing was wrong and whilst limping home blew up a belt:mog:...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Teething problems of a new ride. Sorry to hear that bud hopefully some more clutching options will be available soon! UTV Factory did have some guards for up front. Its looking like I might eventually need a set of those.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Blasphemy! i know i know but ... it really happened. VERY sad day :crybaby::sucks:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Did you hit something? I sure hope it wouldn't bend like that without hitting something. Did your belt come apart, or was it slipping?? Sorry about the sad times.....................

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I think I will need a push strap carrier, Johnny are you up to the task???

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Up front drivers side tie rod looks slightly bent too.... dont think I hit anything, and I wasnt riding hard at all. oh well its serial#000092 so maybe its just early production run type problems and it wont affect later models. I'd hate to have to trade for a rzr xp come on arctic kitty toughen up!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
belt exploded.... lots of small chunks. Too much strain because of the one dragging wheel?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
belt exploded.... lots of small chunks. Too much strain because of the one dragging wheel?
Did you limp it in high instead of low and overheat the belt? I ran mine very hard before the crank went splat. Nose dived off a few dunes to boot heh. I had a copilot who can verify my crazy rabbit style! I think you hit something very hard but the suspension soaked up the blow you would normally feel. They don't just bend like that. Mine is 179, first run as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure there chrissy. Hey rabbit hi five for breaking sh** first! Id like to refer to our cats not as broken, but as "experienced"!:cool:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Actually, my bro bent a rear radius rod on his this weekend, 40ish down a trail around a corner with whoops, little tree root in the trail exposed, wheel goes over it, right rear upper arm looks like a banana. I have run over that same root a few times in my S, and I always thought it snapped my wheel in half, so it is a rough bang, but it damn sure shouldn't bend a radius rod??????? We are now back to the fab shop to create a set of 4130 rods, with thread in heims. I'll post those pics too, once we get them done. Going to be a busy couple of weeks at the shop.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Blasphemy! i know i know but ... it really happened. VERY sad day :crybaby::sucks:
happy to report that the above Commander died earlier today of a double rollover:buttkick: he-he

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

another belt
and another can am towing me around
.....quite dissapointed

1 - 20 of 34 Posts