Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't even driven my Wildcat yet, just pulled it off the trailer and right into the garage to work on a few things.

Today I was running it a little and realized it does not rev at all with the trans in Park. It's like it's bouncing off a rev limiter right off idle.
When I shift it to neutral, it revs to about 6000rpm and bounces off a rev limiter.

I pulled it out and stabbed the throttle in Low and it seemed to rev just fine but it was such a short distance that it didn't get to the rev limiter. I don't have enough room to drive it in High gear without taking it out on the street and the CHP is right down the road so I don't really want to do that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It says not to in the manual. Adam from Airdam can probably give a better explanation but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the CVT.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
And for what insane reason would you ever want to rev your motor past 6000 rpms while in park????

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And for what insane reason would you ever want to rev your motor past 6000 rpms while in park????
LOL I see your point! I just thought it was weird I couldn't rev it at all in park and only 6k in neutral when the rev limiter is around 7k. I got brave and ran it down the street and it does rev to 7k in gear. Thanks for the responses, guess I need to read more of the manual.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
LOL I see your point! I just thought it was weird I couldn't rev it at all in park and only 6k in neutral when the rev limiter is around 7k. I got brave and ran it down the street and it does rev to 7k in gear. Thanks for the responses, guess I need to read more of the manual.
Probably a good idea! We can always have wildone or Tennessee translate the manual to the "back woods" version of you need it.........

·
Registered
205 Posts
They did that so if you are reving the engine at let say 5k rpms and the drop it in gear by accident.... very likely you'll have an acci....dent....less

·
Registered
59 Posts
In park the tranny is locked up if you could rev it the wet clutch would engage and the cvt has constant tension so it would break the belt.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried the override switch but it did nothing. Now I'm gonna have to look that up in the manual too

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
According to our dealer its for reverse. Its limited by the rev limiter in reverse. If you need full power you can hit the overide.

·
Registered
103 Posts
With the WC in Park the secondary is locked up with the tranny. If you rev the motor, the primary engages and tries to turn the belt but the secondary isn't moving. The primary will burn through the belt in no time if you continue. Sometimes it may be hard to get the machine out of park. If you'll bump the throttle and at the same time push the shifter out of park, it'll help. Just don't get it too much past idle or the belt won't last long. Have fun with it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I tried the override switch but it did nothing. Now I'm gonna have to look that up in the manual too
You can read all of this in the manual but for those who don't won't to read it... The override switch only works in 4wd/reverse. It assumes you're stuck in the mud and are already in 4wd and need an extra boost to rock it out of the jam. They put these overrides on the ATVs, too. Don't ever use it on an ATV and turn while backing too fast. If you do, hold on, because you're about to do some tumbling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts