1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cat Eyes & Ears

Ok here's the summer eyes:

And the winter ones I made a little taller to keep the wind off the nose:

I like the separate windows as you can always look to either side when they are dirty vs a
full window where you are totally in the dark.

What do you think?

·
Administrator
27,484 Posts
Before you put the cat eyes on it, reminded me of the Batmobile

·
Administrator
27,484 Posts
I do like your relocation of the speedo, and the G.P.S. panel. Looks good.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do like your relocation of the speedo, and the G.P.S. panel. Looks good.
The only thing it lacks is the intercom and the radio (which is why the section bellow the GPS is removable) :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Nice workmanship and it's definitely unique & creative! I also like the center console/panel options.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any luck patrolling for zombies?
That reminds me the Zombie Hunting Permit expired 12-31-13 One of my trips to the enchanted rocks (Moab) I came up on two rangers,
I asked them if they had seen any? one looks at the artwork and hunting permit and gives me a "WTF" look. The lady ranger and I had fun with it..

Steve, do you watch the show "The Walking Dead"? If not, you should, it's awesome
But of coarse,
I have been downloading the episodes that get put on youtube. When I get enough footage my friends and I will be on the "Dead"
with a little puter majic LOL.They need to have a UTV edition on the dead.

Nice workmanship and it's definitely unique & creative! I also like the center console/panel options.
Thanks, I pulled this off with-out trying to pull / cut off a finger..

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is some more pics of the spare tire cover:

Got Mowab? Note the cat tracks on the sprocket head aka bob..

Sego Canyon petroglyhs, I loaded a pic in my cad software, traced them and sent them to the plotter (vinyl cutter)

Zombie Patrol:

The accs were shot with a 1 part poly, the spare tire cover is approaching 2 yrs and the dash 1yr

Here is the link to the paint information:

http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/projects-how/6951-paint-code-s-2.html

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Steve, do you watch the show "The Walking Dead"?

If not, you should, it's awesome
The show is mostly filmed about 45 minutes from me in Senoia GA. Some parts have been filmed in our little town as well. Lots of locals have been extras. They make you take classes to learn how to walk and act like a zombie. Very secretive on the sets as well.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The kitty's can communicate now!

Ok after several weeks of getting things designed, water jetted, painted and installed I finally got the units
together. No solder station is complete with out an extra set of helping hands (total cost to make about $2):

I decided to do some custom PTT switch's so a little soldering was in order:

The PTT cables terminate on the 4 post terminal bar, this allows me multiple switches per channel:

All cables covered with split wire loom prior to install - all connections sealed with Die Electric Silicone
(Hey RR you put the cover upside down on one of the intercoms) :cool::

Universal fuse block for all communication devices (GPS, Intercom and Radio).
Both + & - bonded directly to the aux. battery (no ground loop noises for me)

The back side of the Slotted Aluminum Brick (Yaesu 2M 75 watt radio):

Finished Photo's:

The shifter ended up 2 1/4" shorter during the project:

I went with the Rugged Radio 660 intercom as it has an additional jack mounted up front
and as you can see the rear of the system is not readily accessible:

Wire loom installed on the head set wiring. A plus to the removable shoulder pads is it gives
you a nice place to hide wires. The middle wires are covered by the AC shoulder bag:

Future plans are for a multichannel wireless system for PTT and horn buttons on the steering wheel
and install a PTT button in the middle of the grab bar.

Yes I can hear you now!

BatCat Out..

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
VERY strong work Black Cat!! Clean, Purdy, and of course Rugged! We just wanted to keep you on your toes with that cover! I had to show the Tech guys in back haha. "Can you hear me meow?"

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
RR at 75 watts of power that meow Will be a ROAR! I do Like the design of your intercom box (no mater
what side the label is on) between your mounting slots and my slots I had plenty of mounting flexibility.

I did a little fine tuning on the antenna and brought the SWR of the red one in at 1.1:1 across the entire
spectrum, the black one is 1.2:1 so I'd say no signal loss there.. Now if the dang snow would just go away...

Are you guys doing a booth at ROTR this year?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We will more than likely not be able to make it out to Moab, we are going to be at the second round of Nor Cal Rock Race on the 17th in Rancho Cordova, CA.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts