Good stuff Steve! :fing02:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
47 Posts
Awesome work bud. U r a pro modifier. Hell with a GPS tho. I just do like they did on beer fest. I just drink a shitload till I remember my way. U got to do the yodel right too. Haha

·
Registered
680 Posts

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well as I recall from the formative years Kryptonite is Wild Cat Green

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
OK SS - What is it?

·
Registered
4,094 Posts

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Here's what the other side looks like (SS should be able to figure it out now):

A few wires and some HD relays:

Minor field modifications of the dash:

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
It's a vibrating bicycle seat with mini-massage nodules.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
The outer 3 buttons on the spokes is PTT (Push To Talk) for the Radio

Inner right button is on / off for the driving light (kills the headlights to save juice)

Inner left button is hi / low for the head lights (low beam is default in case of telemetry failure)

The middle button you should be able to figure out on your own (that is if the sound is up)

All ran via 4 channel wireless transmitter module.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
Sigh.......for a moment there I thought you were on to something!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Jesus! He is a fussy sort, Phydeaux live nearby? Well done Batman, er Catman er Black Cat! Maybe Arctic Cat could use some insight into tidy wiring!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I did notice one major flaw in the whole setup, a smoke retaining valve for the main power feeds! U do realize that if the smoke gets out the wiring usually doesn't work anymore! At least here on the East coast.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
U do realize that if the smoke gets out the wiring usually doesn't work anymore!
Not to worry the "Feline Flight Recorder" (Black Box in the middle) is hermetically sealed.

Besides if Zeus sends me one of your lightening bolts I probably won't care either way..:firedevil:

Here was the donor remote (the on-board buttons were locked in placed with a glue gun):

There is a big nut under the steering wheel (VS SS who's has one behind the wheel) so provisions had to be made on the horn button:

Micro soldering is fun and relaxing:

The 4 channel micro relay receiver had the option of momentary on vs latching or a combo of 2 each. That allowed me the
option to use it for the lights without having the steering wheel switch stay on constantly while drawing juice out of its battery.

The only quirk to the system is the momentary on circuits have a one second delay, so you have to wait for the red light
to go out or your comments to your passenger about that radio flyer dude in front of you will go out over the airwaves..

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Nut, wheel, Sand Sissy, Bahaaaa, think U might be trying to make the December list! I'd give U some pointers but, as far as I can tell you're doing just fine on your own! Time for Capt Kirk to chime in, The Zombie Hunter is lit up like the Enterprise! Makes me wonder what U did in your past life, micro soldering, relaxing?:Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Nice work Black Cat

You must be just about running out of ideas for accessories for the zombie patrol. How about curb feelers (aka cat whiskers) so you can creep around the boulders with your lights off.

RLW

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Nut, wheel, Sand Sissy, Bahaaaa, think U might be trying to make the December list! I'd give U some pointers but, as far as I can tell you're doing just fine on your own! Time for Capt Kirk to chime in, The Zombie Hunter is lit up like the Enterprise! Makes me wonder what U did in your past life, micro soldering, relaxing?:Eyecrazy:
One can only try with the SS.. he is a tad forgetful at times so we need to refresh his memory..:cool:

Previous life? I was sent back from the future by a malfunctioning computer on a worm hole shot. I was In search of Klingon Killer Zombies in a galaxy not so far away.

What till you dune Mars the low gravity gives you some big air time, however the locals are a tad bit unfriendly thou.

Nice work Black Cat

You must be just about running out of ideas for accessories for the zombie patrol. How about curb feelers (aka cat whiskers) so you can creep around the boulders with your lights off.

RLW
Ideas Short list:

We're trying to track down a light weight portable power source big enough to power the laser cannon bblitz suggested on another thread.

Back-lit laser engraved switches, that is if I ever get done adding accs.

A third tail / brake light for the red one that is tied into the driving light as the tail lights now go out when they are on..
Along with a few forum buddies we definitely could put some life into an episode of the Walking Dead :wizard:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts