Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this topic has been beaten to death but I found a great welder and he is going to cut the end off and remove cat and reweld the muffler.

****Just to be certain, will I run lean and need to do something about that?***

It has factory air filters. 2016 wildcat trail. He said $50-$100. Seems cheaper than an aftermarket muffler and easier too

·
Registered
403 Posts
You'll be fine with just the muffler mod.

Reactions: mrhammond

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did that same thing myself shortly after purchasing our early 14 trail, over 3000 miles now with no problems. Good luck
Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a friend remove the cat. Here is what the inside looks like. He didn’t take any after pics tho. Sound didn’t change a lot but at least I know it’s free “er” flowing

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
His weld looks really nice

Attachments

Reactions: mtgott

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Is the cat in the inlet tube, and is that what was removed? The rest of the stuff in the "before" pic looks like standard muffler innards.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Is the cat in the inlet tube, and is that what was removed? The rest of the stuff in the "before" pic looks like standard muffler innards.
Yes the cats are in the inlet tube on the trails and sports. I also drill a series of 1/2" holes in the outlet tube so all of the exhaust gas doesn't have to zig zag back to the first chamber in order to go out the outlet tube of the round mufflers.

Reactions: mrhammond
1 - 9 of 9 Posts