Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loaded the Cat up after a ride today, and the skid plate was covered in oil. Looks like it's coming from the clutch housing gasket, but I won't know for sure until I have time to pull the skid plates and clean up the mess. Not happy.

Also, I cut the sidewalls out of both left side tires. Took 9 plugs in the rear, and 6 plugs in the front to get it hold air.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some pics of my oil leak. Looks like it is leaking from the clutch cover gasket, and the output seal. Oh, and both diffs on the passenger side inboard side are puking grease. Good times!!

100_0166.jpg 100_0195.jpg 100_0168.jpg 100_0188.jpg 100_0189.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know very well Polaris has issues. I'm not at all a Polaris fan but enjoy my rzr that has never broke down on me in 3000 miles. I'm quite happy with it although they have a ton of issues after years of production, mine hasn't had any. Let's are how long it takes cat to fix it.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm glad you like your XP. I have driven both the WC and XP. If we could combine the XP engine and clutch with the WC suspension and chassis, we would really have something...........

·
Registered
71 Posts
the tires are made really cheap, or are defective,i also blew a tire on first ride, sidewall also, i would replace all the tires if i had paid more attention to the posts, i have a drakart mini duel sport rail, its a 5 speed with a reverse gear box, and a 750 gsxr engine, and did not have the best tires on it, trail wolf from pep boys, and never had a tire failure like this.so had to drive 5 miles to camp on a flat, finally removed the nut on the axle, took days, 300lbs and locktighted on, well the disk is warped, looks like it happened at the factory, could only remove 2 screws from disk to wheel assembly, now the 2 star bolts stripped, need to have them drilled out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i think i did, i have a bunch of different sizes, and like i seid ,i got 2 off, and stipped the other 2, it just seems its really ovwerkill on tightening them that much, and using locktight, and the depth is not very deep on the screw heads , so its hard to get a good bite, it would not be rocket science to use some type of bolt head screws , would make it alot easier,just my opin/thnx for the response.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey Streets, I just sold my Drakart Tiger to get a Wildcat. That Drakart was the most reliable buggy I ever owned. I hope I didn't make a bad decision, just wanted a vehicle I could do a little more with.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Leaks happen, seals can either be bad or installed improperly, take it in they will fix it. Its not the end of the world. Anything built by such an imperfect creature as man will have some things go wrong, thats all there is to it. If you don't think so go into business for yourself and see how hard it is to find good qualified people, it will change your view of tiny issues like a leak on something.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Leaks happen, seals can either be bad or installed improperly, take it in they will fix it. Its not the end of the world. Anything built by such an imperfect creature as man will have some things go wrong, thats all there is to it. If you don't think so go into business for yourself and see how hard it is to find good qualified people, it will change your view of tiny issues like a leak on something.
True story! It's just a bit disheartening to have issues with a brand new machine, but I understand sh*t happens. I dropped it off @ the dealership this morning, and literally everyone in the service department came out and expressed their sympathy and promised a quick fix. I'm confident that everything will end up right in the end.

I am a generator mechanic and have certainly seen my share of turds roll off the truck from every manufacturer, just takes time to work out the bugs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you work for Arctic Cat ??? following some of these threads you keep defending AC so either you have very low expectations or you have some affiliation with them !! Its not ok to have bolts fall out, paint peeling, cranks snapping and major oil leaks on a 16k+ Utv period.. if it's not ready for production don't release it.... People should be pissed I would be.... lucky for me with ACs past I waited and I'm glad I did. I hope They work the bugs out it just sucks for all the people that bought one now and didn't wait

1 - 20 of 124 Posts