Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some new booties for my Wildcat. Camoplast t4s's 2016 model. Install took a little longer than I though it might. Had to drive 2.5 hours round trip to get a new wheel spacer when I snapped a stud. Instructions say tighten to lug nut spec. My wildcat says 80ft lbs. Guess that was to much for the stud. Put the new spacer on at 60 ft lbs. I have to pull the track tomorrow to re torque it just to make sure its gonna hold.
I took it out today and drove all around the property over stumps, rocks, logs and gullies. Then did some donuts in the road down the mountain. Seems to stay on well. No issues yet.
See attached pics. I also shot a milky way shot tonight before the moon came up. Not to bad for in the driveway with power lines everywhere.
Anyone else have tracks on there kitty?

Cat Tracks Milkyway (6)tall_sm.jpg Wildcat tracks first run (4)sm.jpg Wildcat tracks first run (6)sm.jpg Wildcat tracks first run (7)sm.jpg Wildcat tracks first run (9)sm.jpg

·
Registered
339 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Looks good, it's got to go thru about everything with those on it!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Nice, I thought about those for the Wildcat. Ended up with a 2012 Arcticat F1100 Turbo LXR sled. You know , donner motor lol. Don't tell my wife lol.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Very cool!! Please let us know how they hold up and how it is to drive compared to the wheeled set up. I could see getting a set if they are reliable.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
One of the evo guys had a set on their turbo 4 seater. Video was bad a%$

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
The video I saw with the turbo one you couldn't see the wildcat at all, just a snow storm moving around lol.

Video is on first page of forced induction topic

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Pretty cool looking

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They say there is a 40% gear reduction so that should give you some more low end torque and sacrifice top speed. I haven't had it over 30mph so far since I was on ice and it was a little squirly. I need to adjust the front tracks a bit. This will make it more stable at higher speeds.
Haven't been in enough snow to throw any up on the windshield yet. I have AJ's fender flares so I am sure that will help allot. I also have added a heater with a damper and vents for defrost.
Word of caution. They add 8" to the width and over 2' to the length. Make sure your trailer can handle it. Mine won't fit through the door anymore.:(

Donny

Reactions: blast and AJ's SXS

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
I always wanted those - especially for the trails in the winter up on Tug Hill in NY - Would make riding a year round fun fest - thanks for sharing -

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts
Very cool, great pics!

·
Registered
198 Posts
If Minnesota allowed tracked atvs and UTVs on snowmobile trails i would have those on my sport in a heart beat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We have had 2 feet of snow in the last week so I managed to get out today and play a bit in some deep stuff. Snow is new and soft. I sink real far. Belly rubs a but but doesn't seem to be a problem yet. I put a small manual wiper on the windshield cause this thing throws snow like crazy. I need a bigger wiper. Defrost keeps the window from fogging. Check out the video here:

Fun Fun Fun. The wife and I still can't keep from smiling.

Donny

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
That sure looks fun!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts