Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I'm new to this site. Just purchased a 2014 Wildcat Trail with 1200 miles. Ive seen quite a few threads regarding drilling out the cat in the exhaust. From the pictures I've seen my cat didn't take up the entire pipe and it looked like half was missing. I've seen some melted plastic by the exhaust and it seems like the solution is either to buy a new exhaust or drill the CC. I drilled it out and there's still tiny little bits stuck and I'm hoping it's enough. Will it cause issues if there's little pieces left or if there's pieces inside the exhaust? I can post pictures with it too. Any help is appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Just take a drill bit and knock those little chunks off. Get as much as you can and enjoy a lot less heat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just take a drill bit and knock those little chunks off. Get as much as you can and enjoy a lot less heat.
Thanks I appreciate it! It almost seems like someone before me took some of it out already but unfortunately the damage has been done. I want to take care of it before it destroys the wiring harness to my tail lights. Hoping to get it rolling before this weekend for some fun. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
have you checked, via vin # with a dealer, if all the recalls were taken care of?...those included new rear firewall panels (2)...the bed of our trail was melted and was replaced out of warranty by our dealer as the damage had been hidden by our ryfab cargo box...do a search on here for trail recalls which included oil line couplings/fasteners on the engine...

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you checked, via vin # with a dealer, if all the recalls were taken care of?...those included new rear firewall panels (2)...the bed of our trail was melted and was replaced out of warranty by our dealer as the damage had been hidden by our ryfab cargo box...do a search on here for trail recalls which included oil line couplings/fasteners on the engine...
Thanks for the heads up. I'm trying to contact them now to see if it's been done on this one yet. I appreciate the help guys. Looking forward to heading out to ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts