Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bent my right front tie rod. If you have to remove one you will need a thin 13mm wrench and a 19mm. The tie rod end is not tapered. It has 2 wrench flats on the inside that you use the 13mm wrench on to hold it while you unscrew the 19mm castle nut. You can use 1/2" and 3/4" wrenches but the 13mm fits snugger on the wrench flats and you don't have much surface to hold on to. Access to the cotter pin on the inside end can be gained by turning the steering wheel one way or the other.

Dwight

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Bent my right front tie rod. If you have to remove one you will need a thin 13mm wrench and a 19mm. The tie rod end is not tapered. It has 2 wrench flats on the inside that you use the 13mm wrench on to hold it while you unscrew the 19mm castle nut. You can use 1/2" and 3/4" wrenches but the 13mm fits snugger on the wrench flats and you don't have much surface to hold on to. Access to the cotter pin on the inside end can be gained by turning the steering wheel one way or the other.

Dwight
how did you bent it???

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really sure! I had a flat tire (left rear) so headed back to camp. Loaded it up and took it home. It wasn't until I raised it up on the lift that I noticied it. It had a pretty good bend in it. I didn't hit any stumps, never got off of the trails. Must of been climbing in the rocks. I did hear some bangs but thought it was just rocks on the skid plate. If the Cat didn't have power steering I would have felt it. Straightened it out with a press, ordered a new one ($69). I'll keep the straightened one for a spare.

Dwight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts