Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for a video on how to change the belt and can't believe there doesn't seem to be one on the internet. Anyone know if a video exists ? This would be a welcome instruction video if anyone is changing a belt. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife I think blew up the belt on hers but it sure seems odd it wont even turn over?? Just a big white smoke cloud and it shut down! (its new 2nd ride out the box) its the X limited so I hope its nothing major

·
Administrator
27,747 Posts
Welcome clint1382. Stop by the new members area and start a post so the members can meet you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do you guys have to use an impact gun when taking the secondary off the first time? This bolt does not want to come off lol.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
The secondary is only torqued to 60 ft lbs. You can use an impact, or simply a breaker bar. The primary is also 60 ft lbs, but is reverse threaded. Before removing the secondary, use a Sharpie and put a dot on the top of both sheaves, so when you put it back together you can align them correctly. I already screwed that up once!!

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
The secondary is only torqued to 60 ft lbs. You can use an impact, or simply a breaker bar. The primary is also 60 ft lbs, but is reverse threaded. Before removing the secondary, use a Sharpie and put a dot on the top of both sheaves, so when you put it back together you can align them correctly. I already screwed that up once!!
I helped a dude in Glamis once with issues after he had changed his belt. I thought the issue was the wrong aftermarket belt, but while putting on a new factory AC belt I discovered he had his secondary out by 180 degrees. It is not apparent to me why it causes issues, but it sure does not work well when installed wrong. Dude had no idea about the marks, but I guess he did have a 50% chance to get it right...

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
It has to do with the angle of the cut where the rollers ride in. I'm amazed he didn't know it was wrong immediately. Mine went Bang Bang Bang! I might not be the brightest light in the chandelier, but I knew something was AFU!

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all! New to the group and wasn't sure where to post, but this thread is pretty close to my question. I just got a 2015 wildcat x Iv'e been rigging for crawling. I'm finally putting together a tool kit for it and I can't find what size the secondary clutch center bolt size is anywhere. I really don't want to tear into it just to find out what size it is. I have taken it apart once before when I was changing the springs in both clutches and the weights in the primary for the 30" tires, so I know what a pain it is to get that cover off. I just forgot the size. If I am hijacking the thread please direct me on etiquette for this forum. Cheers!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Most questions are answered already on this forum, as I posted the size wrench needed a few days ago.
The socket size to remove the bolt that holds the secondary on is 19MM, or 3/4" SAE.

To hold the secondary from turning while removing the bolt, just put the transmission in park. Take it out of park to roll the
clutch to get the belt in the highest part of the secondary then put the transmission in park again to tighten the
bolt to 60 Ft # . Be sure to mark the clutch sheaves so they can be reinstalled the same as they were before removal. If in
doubt or you forget to mark it, there is a X cast into each sheave so you can line them up. Pull the inner sheave off the shaft
to see the X.
Make sure the shim washer that came out when you pulled it apart is reinstalled when going back together, that shim
aligns the secondary with the primary so the belt runs in correct alignment and the belt completely releases at idle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts