Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 42in lightbar off amazon and absolutely love it. I used the stock mounts it came with but I am about to build a new cage and was going to weld on tabs for a 52 in lightbar since the cage will be much wider than the stock one. I am concerned that if I use tabs it might slip and my light will move on me if I am going through the whoops. Have any of you guys just bolted them up with tabs and it been ok and not slipped?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
You could take a look at Axia Alloys stuff. They're one of our supporting vendors and have some very cool mounting arms for light bars. I don't think your bar would move with them attached.

Reactions: de3

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Either Axia or maybe even Awesome Offroad may have something - they are aka MLS Powersports

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So looking at all these mounts would be the same as what I weld to the cage I was just not sure if the light would move and point down on me since the factory mount it came with had teeth on it as well as on the lightbar so there would be no way it could move. Thanks guys. Just going to weld on some tabs and notch the roof so it can slide over them. I just cant believe they don't move with that little quarter inch bolt.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Will a 52" even fit on a wildcat? I have a 40" with a custom cage and I don't have but an inch or two to spare on each side.
Yeah, good point. Not sure now myself.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I think the 52" will be a definite stretch. I also have an aftermarket cage and the 40" pretty much maxes out the width.

If you want little teeth, take a dremmel or a cutting wheel and make your own teeth in the mounting tabs you have. I am sure you could source some bolts with the same thread with teeth too, or just use the hardware from your old 42" lightbar.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
run a dab of that loctite sleeve retainer like you use on the press fit ball joints then tighten it down good. It wont move after that.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Just put a neopreme washer in between the tab and the light. It will be fine and still be adjustable.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Just use a couple star washers between the mount and light bar.

Reactions: MetalMulisha

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello Fellow riderz,

Sorry to hack the thread but I have a question, what is the largest Light bar that I can install on my stock cage? what would be the ideal location? Thanks in advance

2012 WildCat 1000

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had this problem on my truck, a soft rubber washer worked perfectly and cost about 10 cents. Easy fix.

·
Registered
756 Posts
My rigid light mounts to just metal tabs welded to the cage but the light bar has teeth that grab the surface of the tab. My son's 50in el cheap-o required us to sandwich the aluminum tabs between the steel bracket to give it bight. Be careful with the cheap lights the threads strip out easily.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Hello Fellow riderz,

Sorry to hack the thread but I have a question, what is the largest Light bar that I can install on my stock cage? what would be the ideal location? Thanks in advance

2012 WildCat 1000
Stock cage, I'm thinking 35 inch. You can mount high, above the front cage bar, or low under it, but that might take away some of your vision. Try and drill 2 holes in the cage to hide most of the wire, unless you don't mind zip ties. You can also use rubber grommets in the holes so the wires done rub on the cage. They might eventually wear through, and cause a short. Don't forget to ground also.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a 30", I think about a 40" is the right size for the cage. I used some cheap L brackets to the cage, lock washer, washer and it stays on perfectly.
I went really cheap on it. Been a year and it's still good.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hello Fellow riderz,

I ran a U TV Inc. Cradle and a 40" light bar fit perfectly on my stock cage. It was exactly the width of the stock cage. Bloc

the biggest you can run on a stock cage is a 40". I used a UTV Inc. Cradle with a rigid 40 " light and it fit perfectly!
20140313_194258.jpg

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is a stock cage and I bolted on a 42in lightbar

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts