Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I popped one of my tires and checked the pressure on the non-blown tire to find that it was at 36 PSI! That's the pressure needed to seat the bead per the tire, but the manual that comes with the cat recommends only 12 PSI.

I should have checked this, but when buying a brand new unit you'd think the tire pressure would be correct!!! I e-mailed my dealer and may be calling Arctic Cat to complain - If anything I hope this post and my e-mails to the dealer will keep others from having the same problem!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Just work with your dealer instead of threatening them. I find you get much better results, ymmv. People are human:) Unless they are rabbits then, you know, they are better..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just work with your dealer instead of threatening them. I find you get much better results, ymmv. People are human:) Unless they are rabbits then, you know, they are better..
I agree - This is what I sent them:

"Hope all is well and thanks again for the Arctic Cat!

Two issues came up that I wanted to bring to your attention:

1. I blew one of the rear tires while @ Ocotilo on a trail that was a mixture of Sand and Rock - Mostly sand (Only 50 miles on the unit when this happend)...I just checked the pressure on the non-blown tire and it is at 36 PSI! This is what is needed to seat the bead when mounting the tire, but per the manual the pressure should be 1/3 of that, 12 PSI - Is that something that can be covered under warranty? I would have checked the pressure, but I figured on a new unit it would be ready to rock.

2. On the driver side there is a small two inch diameter "Magneto cover" that fell off my unit and has fallen off of several others - I came up with something to fix it that I am happy with, just wanted to give you guys a heads-up.

If the tire can't be replaced under warranty I somewhat understand, but if anything maybe Arctic Cat can be made aware so that others do not have the same misfortune as me.

Take care,
Wyatt
"

·
Registered
156 Posts
it will be interesting too hear the outcome of this one , if not warranty will the dealer play ball and make things right , please let us know........

·
Registered
945 Posts
Again guys, please remember to put these types of issues in the thread, "The Litter Box"....there should be a sticky soon.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had the same problem, however i did air down to 30lbs and still blue a tire and no they would not warrantie, guess i should have gone lower (12)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts