Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update, The machine is put back together!!! LOL, That is however all i have been able to do with it, so i still don't know if the fix has worked for me. From the fact that there is not any new posts on this thread I don't think anyone is sitting around waiting for my results. LOL If you are, I am sorry for the time that is passing. I guess some of my delay in running this thing comes from not being happy with my machine. I really don't know what i am going to do with it. Sell it for a great deal less than i paid for it or trade it off for even less. Put it up on blocks and let my great grand kids sell it many years down the road as a collector item. LOL I just don't know. when the weather gets better here in Kentucky I will try to get it out and give it a try.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think your on the right track to getting it fixed. My advise would be to get your issues resolved and give the machine a chance and rack up some miles. I have 1,300 miles on mine my dad has 3 to 4,000 on his, both have been great machines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all, its bee awhile but I purchased the primary clutch removal tool, put the clutch on the bench, removed the top cover cover and weights. the bearing spins freely but the spider posts where the button ride on are causing the sticking. I took a file and removed material from the surface the buttons ride on and its much better. I still have a spot where the spider transitions off the bearing but the cover spring will overcome this. Hopefully this is a quick fix when I get to test it. I sure wish someone had a definitive answer to what this "sticking clutch" is. Looks to me like the buttons are defective but I did as much as im gonna do. Later, JOHN

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did the exact same thing except used 400 grit sandpaper a little at a time till it moved freely then used the oven at 240f to verify fix because mine was moving freely when at room temp but would stick when hot same as it would when ridding.Never had issues since
Good luck

·
Registered
965 Posts
Been a while since I had a clutch cleanup but I can't help but wonder, if taking material from inside of tower free's the sticking, could the same fix not be done by removing a small amount of material from the face of the buttons??

·
Registered
70 Posts
I should have measured the towers last year with a micrometer or caliper both top and bottom see if it had a taper that tightens up with heat oh well mine seems to be solved but if someone has one on the bench we could possibly prove this theory once and for all

21 - 26 of 26 Posts