Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, putting 32" tires on my 4x Ltd. I needed the primary part number to order the correct springs from Speedwerx so I had to remove the cover for the first time. Below is a pic of what fell out of the cover when I opened it. Any ideas of what it may be? Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,589 Posts
Yeah, it's the cover dowel. If you look, there should be another one opposite of the missing one. (Just a hole). They are like guides. Silicone them in so they don't pop out.

Saying that, I think you're making a big mistake putting 32s on. You're going to be tearing up a lot of driveline parts, like drive shafts, bezel gears, rear diffs. I just wanted to warn you. Good luck.

Reactions: Sand-n-Sea and izom

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
I silicone all my dowels in place, to prevent disasters when changing belts in the field

Clean the dowel hole with a q tip and some solvent. Fill hole with silicone, insert dowel and allow it to dry before installing cover.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I keep forgetting to add dowels when I order parts. Neither of my engines have them, which I gather is a fairly common situation.

If you don't have enough patience for RTV to set, I believe a tiny dot of superglue would also work. Don't put so much in the socket that it would spread to the sealing surface around the dowels.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree with Hollywood, putting 32's might be putting too much on everything down hill from the tires. I have 30" on my 4X. It is a lot of tire. I never changed anything in the clutch. Too compensate, I never start in high, I think it puts too much load on the clutch. I have almost 3000 miles on the second belt, first one went pretty fast. But, I am really bad about taking free advice from somebody, I always think free advice is worth just what it cost you. I learn things the hard and expensive way. If you chose to run the 32" I hope it runs like a wildcat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts