Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked everywhere on here for what needs to be looked at on the clutches to maintain optimal performance. An thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

I would think that cleaning all the belt dust would be first. Are there any parts that need to be lubed or polished like the helix or shoes on the secondary.

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
I have looked everywhere on here for what needs to be looked at on the clutches to maintain optimal performance. An thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

I would think that cleaning all the belt dust would be first. Are there any parts that need to be lubed or polished like the helix or shoes on the secondary.
Not sure how to answer this, but yes, cleaning couldn't hurt. Since you have a '12, did you ever switch over to the 45 degree helix, and the new black spring? Also the Cat guys at Glamis have had great results with the blue rollers. Not sure if you are looking at performance, but those 3 things made the '12 Cat wet clutch a lot better in the sand.

·
Registered
119 Posts

I agree with what with what Hollywood said 100%, definitely go with the 45*, Black spring and Blue rollers.

For maitenance, make sure you check the Cam Shoes on the back side of the Secondary, what the Helix rides on. Those seem to wear pretty fast and I have also seen some guys on here say that the mounting bosses for those have cracked.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Clean all that you can see and blow out the dust with the air hose,and install your sliders and also just a spot of grease on the bearing in the side cover wont hurt.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK so I took it all apart and cleaned the primary up. Should there be any grease for the rollers to slide on. I also took the secondary apart and checked the shoes and they looked good. Should the shaft that the movable face rides on have a little grease on it.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I have a 45 degree helix and black spring for sale inside a complete wcw secondary 150 shipped

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have a 45 degree helix and black spring for sale inside a complete wcw secondary 150 shipped
I'm interested in the wcw secondary. Any pics? You take PayPal?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I can take paypal, I supposed to pick up my cat in one week, I don't have a pic yet, but when my new engine is ready I will get all my old parts and get you a pic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts