Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gona pull the trigger on some clutch mods done been through this once had a Teryx with a fortune in it but clutch was easy vforce John is awesome but don't do clutches for wildcat. Want to know if anyone is running airdam stage 5 with the wet clutch still in vs a muzzy wcd and stock secondary or if u can run airdam secondary with muzzy wcd I would like to keep wetclutch and latter add muzzy wcd but don't know what turn around time is on sending clutches to airdam I know muzzy wcd would do good but back shifting still couldn't be optimal please everyone chime in on their opinion thanks.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I like my Muzzy wcd, had some problems in the begining but all seems good now. I like how easy the trail bloc is to tune, mine is dialed in for my riding style.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Muzzy wcd + WW secondary + Benchmark re-flash = 50 mph low and 71 mph high.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I will chime. WW clutch kit, i am happy with it. I have spent $600 on the clutch now, I wont spend any more unless something breaks. Wcd sounds cool but me personally I will wait a year or 2 and just trade in for an x rather than drop a bunch more coin on this cat only to make it like an x without foxshocks

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I took out 2 rollers and re-clocked to A-1...Totally Free. For our type of riding it almost made it too snappy. Goes right to 7000 rpm lays down the power. If I were doing sand or high speed racing maybe more snap like the wet clutch delete would be good - but not here.

What I'm trying to describe is that we ride in a lot of rocks and boulders and try to run at quick speeds like we run on dirt bikes (5 to 40 mph) pretty much low range all day but 'really flying' relative to the terrain. I'm finding I have trouble feathering the throttle in touchy 1mph rock climbs (too much zap) I have to mitigate this by dragging the brake with the left foot. (recently forgot and left the parking brake engaged and got over a gnarly obsticle very smoothly...I was so proud till I looked and saw the lever) Maybe I'll cultivate this procedure for the delecate crawl sections in the future...

In summary: I'm now very pleased with the clutch performance here in the 'thin air' of the Rockies.

Reactions: arkwildcat

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also Installed the wildcat willy clutch kit for $600.00 and I am very satisfied for the money. I do a lot of trail riding, Hill climbing, Sand dunes and snow in Michigan and it works great in all areas. Much better back shift and holds the rpms much better than stock.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Clocked secondary to C1 and changed the weights in the stock clutch to 4 28grams and 4 23 grams. Bottom end is now much better with excellant backshift.

·
Registered
123 Posts
WW clutch kit with 4 grey(stock) and 4 blue weights.. Works awesome in the sand.. Tried taking two greys out and reclocking to C1 and was horrible so bought the WW kit.. Just got my new reman engine installed and going to use the stock clutch set-up from AC out in Parker.. If I remember right the stock clutch from AC worked fine out in the open desert , fire roads, and anything but sand dunes..

·
Registered
62 Posts

did you do anything? I am in the same boat. I have tried getting ahold of Airdam but no response. I want to do the Stage 5 to my WC. He did my buddies Maverick at Mud Nats, and its insane. Completely changed it. I am looking for a 2nd SxS right now and its between the Maverick and the WC X. I am testing driving an X tomorrow, and if my buddie ever finds where he left his balls I will test his Maverick out. The RZR doesnt even get a look, have a '10 S. Just waiting for the guy to show up with the cash..... and its gone!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still haven't got ahold if him but I did the muzzy wcd and the benchmark reflash. Muzzy is a different place called once and guy was about a tard didn't know anything called back few days later and the guy I talked to was nice and new what the hell he was talking about the benchmark guys are real nice and know what is going on Any way with the wcd and the reflash totally different Mach love it was thinking about trading for a x but after driving one and doing work to mine glad I kept it still only runs bout 77 in high but runs out if motor not gear and will run 55 in low which is what I was looking for in the woods it's badass gona try and get ahold I him and mabe get my secondary machined But I highly recommend other 2 mods u. Will love it

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I talked to Dean at D and P aka WW, he said they had a dual angle helix to go with the muzzy WCD. I don't really know anything about it

·
Registered
64 Posts
When at Glamis Pres Day, Team AC wanted to prove to me the WC could hold it's own and the clutch was the issue. They added a 45 degree Helix and changed all 6 rollers to Blues (23 grams), for free I might add :) Night and day, now it pulls 7200 out of the hole and back shifts to 7000 up the dunes and holds it. You can buy the blue rollers from any motorcycle shop for $2.99 each. The only thing you need it the billet 45 degree helix and a new belt. The lowest cost improvement you can make, and trust me, it makes a difference.

I reflashed the EC, that did nothing in my eyes! Total waste of $400!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On mine the reflash was a huge difference Befoure would not do over 45 in low now with added rpms will go over 55. I can stay in low almost al time in woods now

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I got about 49 or 50 in low with WCD without reflash. I need to tune my clutch a little though. I had the WW first then got the Muzzy WCD. Both are very good

·
Registered
294 Posts
When at Glamis Pres Day, Team AC wanted to prove to me the WC could hold it's own and the clutch was the issue. They added a 45 degree Helix and changed all 6 rollers to Blues (23 grams), for free I might add :) Night and day, now it pulls 7200 out of the hole and back shifts to 7000 up the dunes and holds it. You can buy the blue rollers from any motorcycle shop for $2.99 each. The only thing you need it the billet 45 degree helix and a new belt. The lowest cost improvement you can make, and trust me, it makes a difference.

I reflashed the EC, that did nothing in my eyes! Total waste of $400!
This is the blue clutch you need 8 blue rollers part# 0823-167, 45 degree cam part# 0823-380, and spring part# 0823-303 you can buy them from your artic cat dealer should cost around $300 your dealer will put this on for you or you can do it your self it works good but it isn't a WW clutch. the WW clutch is better and you dont have to take the scondary apart you get a new one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Madmax396 the arctic cat clutch kit you speak of is it the parts I've listed (8 blue rollers part# 0823-167, 45 degree cam part# 0823-380, and spring part# 0823-303) this is what I have in my wildcat and it works good but not as good as I hear the WW clutch works but mybe it's the 6,000 feet here.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts