Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Own a 2013.5 Wildcat X with the Team clutch, bought it used with 28" tires on it when I believe 27" is stock. In low gear, I can hit the rev limiter and have no shortage of power. In high range, however, can only get to about 6800RPM and about 50 MPH. Thinking there may be a little too much weight in the primary, but looking for suggestions/pointers from any riders with experience in clutch set up, to get to the rev limit in high range also. Thanks for any help with this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a Dalton kit on the way. Was only curious about what I would be looking at once it arrives; the primary or the secondary, based on good RPM in low gear but not so much in high.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just follow the recommendations on weights that come with the directions. I’m running 30s with the dalton kit, still have the smallest weights in and am seeing 7400rpm and 70mph no problem in high

·
Registered
81 Posts
Own a 2013.5 Wildcat X with the Team clutch, bought it used with 28" tires on it when I believe 27" is stock. In low gear, I can hit the rev limiter and have no shortage of power. In high range, however, can only get to about 6800RPM and about 50 MPH. Thinking there may be a little too much weight in the primary, but looking for suggestions/pointers from any riders with experience in clutch set up, to get to the rev limit in high range also. Thanks for any help with this.
I had a 2013.5, I put 30" tires on it and did not change the clutch. The large tires did not change the speed, it would still rock and roll, top speed was over 70-75. With the large tires when you start in Hi it does load the clutch and the belt suffers. I stopped starting in Hi and only started in Lo. After reaching 10-15 MPH I would shift into Hi. It is easy to do and will not burn the belt. Just feather the throttle into a neural spot not pulling or compression. Make the shift. This also works in reverse when slowing down, shift from Hi to Lo, with the throttle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting, Dilledille, you are the second person That has mentioned that. I have not tried switching on the fly, little nervous to do so, but may give it a try on the weekend. dalton kit has arrived but have no time to install before we head out. We trail ride a lot, and I will likely do most of that in low as I can hit the rev limiter there. In high I cannot, therefore I cannot get the 70 MPH other guys ate getting. That will be the goal after the weekend, install the kit and compare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts