Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure this has been asked already but I can’t find it. Has anyone put a Dalton Kit in a 4 Limited? I have contacted Dalton and all they had to say was “it might work, but we haven’t tested it”. So if anyone has done it was it worth it and what kit did you use?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just bought a new secondary spring and helix from venom power sports. Dalton told me the same thing so I contacted venom and they custom built the helix and matched the spring for what I was looking to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
After enuff people chime in here, and you decide you want to proceed, PM me. I have an almost new Dalton kit and a Venom helix I don't need.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I know this came up in relation to the dalton vs X vs Non X . NonX had no issues. I can’t see why u could not use it on the 4X. On mine I had MLS set me up with primary and secondary spring kit and I love it. Running 30’s

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Like phatcat just said what he had mls do to his rig. You do not need to go the whole aftermarket clutch replacement thing to gain more. There’s vendors on here that can do it or get you set up for what your looking for. Speedwerx, D&P, MLS to name a few, will help you out. A simple spring, weights and/ or helix change will make a huge difference and save you a ton of money

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
They have the same clutch so yes it will work

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone used the Speedwerx Hypershift clutch kit? Upgrading to 30" tires on my '14 4X Limited. Just curious how it compares to the Dalton or Venom.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just finished the install of an SSI kit on my buggy this afternoon. It is set up for 34” tires which I haven’t installed yet but it will absolutely smoke the current 30” ‘Zillas that are on it. Can’t wait to bolt on the 34’s!

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...this weights look wicked...;-()
I haven’t tried any other brands but these are magnetic weights in 4 different holes for adjustability. I set them up exactly as they said and the honeymoon is on! You can add weight to any of the holes for different effects.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After talking to MLS they suggested starting with the Venom secondary spring. I installed it last week and got the 30's on Saturday and took it out. What a difference. Doesn't seem to have lost much if any take off power and the hill climbing is awesome.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2014 4X that I put the dalton clutch kit on and I run 32's. I didn't put any of the weights in the arms. I ride in the mountains of Utah and run right around 7200 to 7400 rpm wot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2014 4X that I put the dalton clutch kit on and I run 32's. I didn't put any of the weights in the arms. I ride in the mountains of Utah and run right around 7200 to 7400 rpm wot.
RJ,
What can you follow up with since you responded to this posting? I'm tossing the Dalton and Speedwerx kits around and will be making my purchase next week after I get the clutch number off the sticker of the primary. I found a good deal on some used 30's and will be bolting them on. I've never added a clutch kit as of yet. Did you ever play with any of the weights?

Thanks for any and all info!
Mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
RJ,
What can you follow up with since you responded to this posting? I'm tossing the Dalton and Speedwerx kits around and will be making my purchase next week after I get the clutch number off the sticker of the primary. I found a good deal on some used 30's and will be bolting them on. I've never added a clutch kit as of yet. Did you ever play with any of the weights?

Thanks for any and all info!
Mike
I never did have to use any weights since I'm at a higher altitude. Since you are in Arizona I assume you are in the desert so I would probably start with the heaviest first. You can change the weights on the clutch without much trouble. I would leave the cover off while testing. What you want look for is what RPM's the clutch engages the belt and your RPM's at WOT. You should be in the mid 7000 range when WOT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts