Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My biggest question is, has arctic cat done something about the wet clutch beings they upped the hp? The wetclutch in the standard tcat motors was the same as the smaller engines such as the 650h-1. The problem we had was with our mildly built motors we could slip the wetclutch very easily and was prematurely wearing them out. I ended up going with a wet clutch delete which solved my problem but has arctic cat done anything about this? I know they know its a problem. I see me building a amr1040 but if the wetclutch is still the same i just dont think i wanna go threw spending another grand fixing a/c problem when they know its an issue.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I hear that have a fix for this and I hope that they dumped the wet clutch all together. Hopefully we'll find out for sure soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear that also but to be honest, after racing for them for several years i wont beleive anything till i see it. The wet clutch is all good with stock tires and a stock motor but when you start making power with bigger tires its junk. If its still in there i beleive i will go with a popo 900. I can also tell yall this. If the efi hasnt had a major over haul and they stepped up the quality and placement or the wiring harness then you will definatley see electrical issues. Heck now that i think of it i wonder if they have it where the front cam will comein before 3k rpms or is that junk still in there. Geesh the more i think about all the stuff i dealt with trying to make my tcat fast i may have just typed myself out of buying one lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts