Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
That is excellent!!! Thanks for posting it up!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Certainly doesnt look like it out performs the RZR XP in a drag race or hill climb even with their biased editing, Kind of disappointed. The suspension does look like it performs better but I wonder how it will hold up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Certainly doesnt look like it out performs the RZR XP in a drag race or hill climb even with their biased editing, Kind of disappointed. The suspension does look like it performs better but I wonder how it will hold up.
Yeah they went up against the CanAm but didn't show the XP. To me... the suspension makes all the difference. with HP to weight ratio being virtually the same (assuming 95 hp) the suspension is what sells it. All things being equal otherwise, the suspension make the wildcat a better machine. Just my opinion,

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yes I too am a little disappointed in this video. Why did the RZR turn off on the hill climb? I know/knew they would have no issues with the Can Am and it isn't even in the picture anymore. Can't wait for them to be released to the public so we can get some unbiased opinions and videos.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes I too am a little disappointed in this video. Why did the RZR turn off on the hill climb? I know/knew they would have no issues with the Can Am and it isn't even in the picture anymore. Can't wait for them to be released to the public so we can get some unbiased opinions and videos.
The RZR turned off on the hill climb because it was a steep dune. When you realize you are out of power to keep climbing you have to immediately turn out of the climb while you still have little bit left or you will power out and have no way to get turned around. If you dont you find yourself on a very steep, unstable surface trying to make a three point turn. In the sand that means you may very well get to roll over all the way to the bottom.

The point of the video is that while neither of them could make it all the way to the top the RZR ran out of power first and had to make its turn before the Wildcat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I call BS- they cut the first hill climb video about the time the RZR was starting to pass the Cat and the second video the RZR still had plenty of momentum to not have to turn out that early. I would love to see the Cat shine , but I dont think this video made the Cat be what its hyped to be .I wish they would get this thing out so we can get some real performance info.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
It does look good in the woops but with over 20 pivot points in the rear suspension alone makes you wonder about being trouble free. I hope this thing is a contender.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The RZR turned off on the hill climb because it was a steep dune. When you realize you are out of power to keep climbing you have to immediately turn out of the climb while you still have little bit left or you will power out and have no way to get turned around. If you dont you find yourself on a very steep, unstable surface trying to make a three point turn. In the sand that means you may very well get to roll over all the way to the bottom.

The point of the video is that while neither of them could make it all the way to the top the RZR ran out of power first and had to make its turn before the Wildcat.
Sorry but that dog don't hunt!!!
That RZR had lots of steam left when it turned off. ANd it has reverse too so if it did happen to STOP it can back up. I PLAY on the dunes and I know what it is like to back down or turn around on STEEP dunes. So sorry your reasoning don't work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't see the video it doesn't show up on my end do I need to turn on some setting for my profile? I can't see any videos posted on here?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Sorry but that dog don't hunt!!!
That RZR had lots of steam left when it turned off. ANd it has reverse too so if it did happen to STOP it can back up. I PLAY on the dunes and I know what it is like to back down or turn around on STEEP dunes. So sorry your reasoning don't work.
Well you aren't very good at driving the dunes then, because that's exactly what you do. Just because you still have wheel speed doesn't mean you can keep climbing on sand. And almost everyone turns out rather than backing down a super steep hill. That being said, I have already heard from several sources that the Wildcat will not beat an XP in a drag race. And it will lose by a few lengths every time. But like I have said before, the height of the XP is very noticeable. My buddy has 2 of them and HATES them in the dunes. They seem very top heavy and you can get them on 2 wheels very easily. I do not feel safe and confident when I am in one in the sand. The suspension and lower ride height is what will set the Wildcat apart. The good thing is that most of the hills for racing at the dunes have huge whoops at the bottom. Whoever makes it through the whoops the fastest will will the race. That will clearly go to the Wildcat. Accelerating quickly is one thing, but suspension is what you really need when offroading. There is really no substitute...........

·
Registered
377 Posts
First thank you for the video!

I think the suspension and rider drive height are huge difference. Now add the fact you get EPS and doors from the factory and in theory at a lower price seems like a winner to me. However, you know Polaris will respond with a mid-year model XP.

To me the battle is XP vs Wildcat and both are great machines. My bias is to the Wildcat.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well you aren't very good at driving the dunes then, because that's exactly what you do. Just because you still have wheel speed doesn't mean you can keep climbing on sand. And almost everyone turns out rather than backing down a super steep hill. That being said, I have already heard from several sources that the Wildcat will not beat an XP in a drag race. And it will lose by a few lengths every time. But like I have said before, the height of the XP is very noticeable. My buddy has 2 of them and HATES them in the dunes. They seem very top heavy and you can get them on 2 wheels very easily. I do not feel safe and confident when I am in one in the sand. The suspension and lower ride height is what will set the Wildcat apart. The good thing is that most of the hills for racing at the dunes have huge whoops at the bottom. Whoever makes it through the whoops the fastest will will the race. That will clearly go to the Wildcat. Accelerating quickly is one thing, but suspension is what you really need when offroading. There is really no substitute...........
You can tell me I am not very good all you want but the video is still BS. That XP turned out way too soon. You call it your way and I'll call it mine. But this back and forth BS isn't what this thread was about anyhow.
It is about what did you think of the video. ANd I'll say it again I was a little disapointed in the video but it is an ARCTIC CAT vedio about their product. So of course they are goign to make it better than everyone elses. And I don't know why your buddy doesn't like his XPs becasue there are tons of folks who are raving about them on the dunes and the trail. But to each his own. What ever works for you to justify why you don't like one thing and do another. I felt just fine in the XP I drove and would buy one. Just waiting at this point to see how the Wildcat does first before I make up my mind. But then I don't drive very good so a Wildcat would be a waste for me. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Any new information is good! That suspension looks great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The suspension looks great. I am not worried about power if I buy it will get a turbo like my RZR. I can out run an XP in a drag race but who the hell drag races them? I may race up a dune but great suspension is the most important to me. I will wait and let it all shake out and see how the Wildcat performs overall and whether it will hold up. The lack of a large dealer networks hurts them so if they are equal to Polaris in performance I would buy the Polaris lets hope it kicks some ass.

Mike

1 - 20 of 64 Posts