Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. Got another code showing on my ride at wide open throttle only. Throwing po108. Map sensor over current. At this time its running 7200-7500 rpm. Ive replaced the map sensor because of a different issue basically causing engine to flood at low rpm. That has been resolved and now it idles and runs great untill wide open. Im sick of screwing with it at this point. I dont have the time to. Im wondering if anyone would have any idea what issue would be causing this code. Im also wondering what the machine would be worth to someone. Ive got a ton of money in it but i know that doesnt mean anything. List of mods and extra parts.
Speedwerx supercharger kit with intercooler
speedwerx wet clutch delete
Stm secondary clutch
Speedwerx belt blower
new arctic cat belt
Power commander v with autotune dual sensors
powercommander lcd screen
Painless wiring accessory fuse block.
30" cree light bar front
24" cree light bar rear.
8" cree light bar bumper.
Cooling fan over ride
wet sounds bluetooth radio knob
clarion marine amp
4 kicker 6 1/2 speakes
kickpanel speaker pods
cage mount speaker pods.
Lit labelled rocker switches. Look factory
boost gauge.
G force racing harnesses
Dragon fire quick disconect steering wheel
b&m t handle shifter grip.
Raceline beadlocks ring powdercoated with new bighorns
additional set raceline beadlocks rings coated with newer mongrels
front and rear bumper powered( not on machine but would be going)
roof rack powdered( not on machine but can be put on or removed)
optima yelliw top battery relocated behind glove box.
Custom cage with aluminum roof powder coated
aluminum doors powder coated.
Frame with rock sliders weld on powdercoated
lower front a arms strenthened powder coated.
All other suspension components stripped and powdered. Except shocks
brake calipers powder coated.
Dash plates bezels powdercoated.
Evo quiet ehaust.
Hmf exhaust as well powdercoated.( loud as hell)
fire extinguisher and cage mount.
Plastics all new and none busted. Some scratches. Its black and has been in the woods.
Im sure theres more but this is the most of it.
As far as the machine. It is a 2012. It has a clean title in hand with 500 miles on it. The negatives are the map sensor code issue. And the good ol arctic cat oil leaks. My oil leaks are however located around the started. And lower head bolts. Not by the clutching where most bad cases are flawed. I had planned on sealing it up this fall And maybe doing big bore but im tired of messing with it. It's occupying too much of my time and money. Any interest out there. Whats it worth. View attachment 34278 View attachment 34279 View attachment 34280 View attachment 34281 View attachment 34282 image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Administrator
27,660 Posts
Fixed the title for you. I know you have a lot into it, like you said though, doesn't mean anything. Being it's a 12, even with very low miles, and nice mods, IMO, you would be hard pressed to get many, if any offers over 9K. Doesn't mean I'm right, hopefully I'm not. Good luck, it's a great looking machine!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
$9k eh Hollywood? I'd give him $9k all day long. Something tells me he wants a lot more than that though

·
Administrator
27,660 Posts
$9k eh Hollywood? I'd give him $9k all day long. Something tells me he wants a lot more than that though
Well, like I said, hope I'm wrong. I'm realistic. I've seen members put their Cats up for sale here, not a bite. The nicest one I've ever seen was WakeSettingCat's Cat. EVO turbo, best of everything, low miles with a trailer. He wanted 18K, I told him was crazy, way too low. Didn't get one bite. Fortune46x's Cat at the end of the season for 19K, is a great deal, doubt he'll sell it on here. Just the way it is.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hollywood thanks for the fix. I hope it would be worth more than 9. I wasnt thinking 18 or anything crazy like that. I dont have a trailor to go with it either. I dont imagine too many have gone to ghe expense to powder a frame and basically everything but the plastics. It doesnt have the evo turbo kit. Its got a much more expensive supercharged kit. In comparison to the machine was selling for 18. This one ought to be a steale. No corners cut on this machine. Theres still plenty that can be done but just as a roller without tge engine you couldnt build this for 9. It would be a killer deal for the right person.

·
Administrator
27,660 Posts
Hollywood thanks for the fix. I hope it would be worth more than 9. I wasnt thinking 18 or anything crazy like that. I dont have a trailor to go with it either. I dont imagine too many have gone to ghe expense to powder a frame and basically everything but the plastics. It doesnt have the evo turbo kit. Its got a much more expensive supercharged kit. In comparison to the machine was selling for 18. This one ought to be a steale. No corners cut on this machine. Theres still plenty that can be done but just as a roller without tge engine you couldnt build this for 9. It would be a killer deal for the right person.
I wish you the best of luck, whatever you try to sell it for.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

So whats your asking price then?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know. I was wondering what such a thing might bring. Hate to sell it short. But understand the markets poor. I was thinking 14. Ive got reciepts for over that. Without including the machine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure. How would could i check that. Its only when The throttle is 100%. I was wondering if it could have anything to do with the rpm. I dont know if its supposed to be running as much as 7500 rpm.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
IF you decide to sell I would pull off as many aftermarket parts as possible to recoup some of your $$.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea i may. I dont know. Im frustrated with it at this point. Ill get to the bottom of this issue. It was running great after replacing the sensor. No trouble codes at all. Take it to the trail and then map sensor overcurrent code. Tired of researching and screwing with same things. It may be the connection at the plug. Havent checked anything yet. I dont feel like pulling it apart to check it right now. Hell it could be a bad sensor. Just because its new doesnt rule that out. That's the fun part. The pin on the old one was green corroded. I tried cleaning inside the harness plug. I may have not got it good. Thats where ill start.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Yea i may. I dont know. Im frustrated with it at this point. Ill get to the bottom of this issue. It was running great after replacing the sensor. No trouble codes at all. Take it to the trail and then map sensor overcurrent code. Tired of researching and screwing with same things. It may be the connection at the plug. Havent checked anything yet. I dont feel like pulling it apart to check it right now. Hell it could be a bad sensor. Just because its new doesnt rule that out. That's the fun part. The pin on the old one was green corroded. I tried cleaning inside the harness plug. I may have not got it good. Thats where ill start.
Take and remove each pin from the plug 1 at a time and clean them, its frusterating for sure , but it'll be worth it vs losing your ass on resale. I'm thinking I am going to strip mine down and part it out when it comes time to sell it.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
If you decide to sell it, let ebay be your friend, set your reserve at your very bottom price you will take for it and let it fly.............

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Take and remove each pin from the plug 1 at a time and clean them, its frusterating for sure , but it'll be worth it vs losing your ass on resale. I'm thinking I am going to strip mine down and part it out when it comes time to sell it.
Thats what I was thinking on the pin cleaning. Also thinking maybe a bad ground. My starter was dragging which it has in the past and the battery is brand new fully charged. I read online bad ground could cause issue as well so ill be checking that too. Thanks for your advise. As far as losing my ass. I expected that. It's inevitable. The only unknown is how much more money am i going to put into it before.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you decide to sell it, let ebay be your friend, set your reserve at your very bottom price you will take for it and let it fly.............
Anybody had any luck on selling these things on ebay. This used to be a labor of love for me. But now its just turning out to be labor.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Thats what I was thinking on the pin cleaning. Also thinking maybe a bad ground. My starter was dragging which it has in the past and the battery is brand new fully charged. I read online bad ground could cause issue as well so ill be checking that too. Thanks for your advise. As far as losing my ass. I expected that. It's inevitable. The only unknown is how much more money am i going to put into it before.
If you have a bad ground that too will cause performance/idle issues. In all honesty I dont think you'll have money into it - just time. clean your connections, make sure the seals are sealing in the connectors , then inspect the grounds (if you can help it dont remove them) Also clean the terminals at the battery both on the wire leads and the battery itself. Good clean connections are key.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No idle issues. No issues at 90% throttle. Just wide open. Im planning on getting this issue resolved before id sale. When i say putting more money into. I mean thats what Ill be doing if i keep it. Riding it in the woods. Breaking shit. Scuffing up plastics. Tires. Gas. Park fees. . Ect. Ect.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts