Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is under the center console. There is some left over mud from a prior demo ride. Battery is between the seats, all the way to the rear of the cabin.

Under the hood. Nice view of the engine oil cooler here. That is the regulator/rectifier next to it, for the charging system.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looks like both the battery and the oil cooler are much higher capacity than what polaris gives you. Witch is pretty much consistent with everything else I've seen on the Wildcat. The engineers must of have locked up the bean counters up while they where designing it. I think at polaris the bean counters rule the roust.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
S2k1 the Elec. On The Floor Will A Person Be Able To Move That Up To Maybe Behind Batt.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Bet A Person could Put A Extra Bat. Up Where The Rad Is

·
Registered
986 Posts
Lot of people run dual batteries for accessories, but I think with a 530 (I think???) watt stator, I don't see the need, unless you are running 4 40" Light bars.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Any New Pics Like Air Intake We All Know Where Its At But We Really Have Not Seen It
Thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
Lot of people run dual batteries for accessories, but I think with a 530 (I think???) watt stator, I don't see the need, unless you are running 4 40" Light bars.
I can think of two distinct reasons.

1: You like your stereo, lights etc

2: You do long winches. In Borneo my dual batteries saved my ass.

A good dual battery system needs:

1: Identical batteries.
2: Very short Identical cable runs (batteries should be right next to each other)
3: A SMART management system like Warns. This monitors the overall voltage and disconnects the connection between the two batteries
as voltage drops below the level required to start the vehicle. This allows you to continue to drain the "accessory" battery until its dead but still
start the vehicle with "Starter" battery.

Nothing will piss you off more that having dual batteries and not being able to start your rig. Do it right.

·
Registered
986 Posts
That makes sense, that is how our boat works. We can fish all night and day running lights and things (generator hasn't worked in 2 years and we gave up on it), and if we drain those batteries, we always have the others disconnected so that we can always flip the switch and start the engines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts