Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I am in the middle of nowhere cruising along when all of a sudden my cat shuts down. I had just turned 87 miles and couldn't believe it. Anyway it threw up the 0336,0337 and 0339 error codes. Luckily I still had cell service and called for a tow and a few hors later it was loaded up on the trailer. Has anyone had a similar issue and if so was it resolved or is it still an ongoing issue?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Check your tip over switch. It's located in the tunnel between the seats. There has been several cases where it wasn't fastened properly. Your dealer should know what the codes mean. Let him do the work.

I had that happen and the machine was completely dead - like DED! NADA!

Gumball

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, just got off the phone with the dealer and the actual crank bearing is bad. (Had excessive Play) which knocked out the CPS. They are going to install a brand new motor so hopefully this issue will be resolved. I know this isn't the first time this has happened so it may be a known issue with these.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going on week 4

I am now going on week 4 without my wildcat. Still waiting for a new engine. It has apparently shipped so we will see how much more down time I have.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine just did the same thing, I was thinking it was a bad connection. My dealer can't even look at it for 2 weeks then if they say I need a new motor another 4 weeks? looks like I might need to buy a rzr to use as a back up. My cat was in the shop for 3 weeks getting oil leak fix, drove it for 3 weeks and now this

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine just did the same thing, I was thinking it was a bad connection. My dealer can't even look at it for 2 weeks then if they say I need a new motor another 4 weeks? looks like I might need to buy a rzr to use as a back up. My cat was in the shop for 3 weeks getting oil leak fix, drove it for 3 weeks and now this
I wasn't very concerned at first. I figured it would be 2 weeks or so. 4 weeks is a little out of hand especially if there are dealers getting in new wildcats before ac fixes the junk they have already sold. I did contact my attorney generals office about the lemon law and lit seems like it would be pretty easy to take care of if I continue to have issues with this wc.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
I wasn't very concerned at first. I figured it would be 2 weeks or so. 4 weeks is a little out of hand especially if there are dealers getting in new wildcats before ac fixes the junk they have already sold. I did contact my attorney generals office about the lemon law and lit seems like it would be pretty easy to take care of if I continue to have issues with this wc.
Got it back with the new motor and have put over 100 miles on it with no issues. So I have over 200 miles on the unit itself. All in all so far so good and I'm happy!!
My how the wind changes directions! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts