Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Wildcat x and am one of the many who did the starter upgrade and had my crankcase get destroyed. It happens, was going to replace the crankcase with a 2016 wildcat crankcase because it is beefed up in the right spots. The issue I am running into now is that the crankcase is no longer available anywhere. Does anyone have a spare lying around they want to sell? I don't want to have to junk my wildcat because of this.

Casey

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
Anywhere? Did you try MLS, Country Cat? Those are the 2 big ones. If they are truly unavailable, start searching junkyards, and salvage places. Good luck.

Oh, and welcome Steelflash8!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I have a good wet clutch motor that scored the cylinders. It's not quite what you are looking for but if you can't find anything else it would be good for parts. If you are willing to change a crankcase then you are probably skilled enough to make this work.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
A friend of mine had a trans bearing let go last month on his '16 X Ltd, breaking the righthand side of his case. He called all of the usual AC players for a new case and struck out. He got lucky and found a guy in Utah with a new case sitting around. Even a blind pig occasionally finds a truffle, so put out your feelers. Marcus got his after posting to the Wildcat group on Facebook.

The crankcase consists of three castings that are bolted together and then machined as a unit. The piece you need was not broken on my friends engine. If you are desperate enough to try mixing parts, you should call Idaho Rigging in Priest River, ID to see if they still have the crankcase parts. They completed the repairs about two weeks ago, so this is still fresh.

There is no guarantee that this would work, but you won't know if you don't try. The two sides of the case are machined flat as an assembly so that the cylinders and the bottom case piece are aligned and will seal.

PS - There is a good thread on repairing the case after the starter boss has broken. If you haven't already read through it, take a good look. Your case may be repairable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts