Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the CST Sludge Hammers? I am looking at getting some for my 2018 Sport XT. I am running Traxxion 29x9x14's on upgraded rims. I want to use my stock rims for mud tires. I will be using them for trail riding (fair amount of mud) and snow plowing in the winter. The traxxions will be used for dryer condition riding.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have 30x10x14 on my 15 sport. Good traction, I also put the Dalton clutch kit in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the trigger on 30x10x12 on all 4 corners and a dalton clutch kit. Clutch kit comes in this week, but the tires will be about 2 weeks. I really don't need the tires until winter, because my Traxion's are doing fine right now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No axle issues?
I have snapped one rear axle, but that was my fault. I am having issues keeping that castle nut on now. I have lost that tire 3 times this season on the trail. Have used locktite and roll pin. Still backing off every 50km.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have snapped one rear axle, but that was my fault. I am having issues keeping that castle nut on now. I have lost that tire 3 times this season on the trail. Have used locktite and roll pin. Still backing off every 50km.
Do you think it's from the tires?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well I installed the CST Sludge Hammers today... First impression... very nice tire... heavy feel to them... drives like a tank... but it will get the job done for spring time riding and plowing. They are rough at low speeds or when slowing down .... but at anything over 15km/hr they are fine. They are not teeth chattering at all... Here's a pic..

Sludgehammer Sunday.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts