Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new to the forum as I just purchased a custom build from a guy who never fully completed it. I am joining this site hoping to figure out some trouble shooting with this car. It started as a 2012 Acrtic cat wildcat 1000. I don't know everything as to what's been done unfortunately but what I do know is it has a muzzy 1103 big bore kit/muzzy fuel controller/Muzzy exhaust/ STM primary and secondary clutch setup etc. My biggest predicament at the moment is I live near Riverside Ca and to my knowledge there aren't many shops out on the west coast that want to specialize in arctic cat builds especially since Muzzy is no longer. I called Alba Racing and even they are not interested in helping trouble shoot on this car. So enough rambling my issue is that when I bought the car I was told he could never get the power to the ground and that it wouldn't rev high, however when I picked it up it seemed to run just fine and out of no where it doesn't want to idle and when I hit the gas it craps out and pops. To me it sounds as if there is a electrical ground issue or computer issue however after a lot of reading on this forum I start to second guess myself. I have read that Muzzy has bad customer service and no one has answers to some of their problems (yes I know they are out of business) but does anybody know if they have run into cam issues on their Muzzy 1103 big bore kit? Also what shops do you guys recommend on picking their brain? If I cannot find the issue myself I'm not opposed to pulling the motor and shipping it to have it inspected and or tested. Id prefer to rule out any electrical issues if any first just to verify that isn't my problem so please any advice on what shops to call or that would be willing to put the car on a dyno would be appreciated. The shops I have read to maybe have some info sounds like speedwerx and or maybe Dasa? I will attach some pics of what I'm working with Thank you!
IMG_3542.JPG IMG_3541.JPG IMG_3546.JPG IMG_3543.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Looks nice!
Has the ECM been flashed/altered to accommodate the new fuel requirements? More power = more fuel; are injectors and fuel pump adequate?

·
Administrator
27,673 Posts
Welcome, great looking ride! Where are you at? that will tell who you can contact. Seems like SoCal?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi guys I'm new to the forum as I just purchased a custom build from a guy who never fully completed it. I am joining this site hoping to figure out some trouble shooting with this car. It started as a 2012 Acrtic cat wildcat 1000. I don't know everything as to what's been done unfortunately but what I do know is it has a muzzy 1103 big bore kit/muzzy fuel controller/Muzzy exhaust/ STM primary and secondary clutch setup etc. My biggest predicament at the moment is I live near Riverside Ca and to my knowledge there aren't many shops out on the west coast that want to specialize in arctic cat builds especially since Muzzy is no longer. I called Alba Racing and even they are not interested in helping trouble shoot on this car. So enough rambling my issue is that when I bought the car I was told he could never get the power to the ground and that it wouldn't rev high, however when I picked it up it seemed to run just fine and out of no where it doesn't want to idle and when I hit the gas it craps out and pops. To me it sounds as if there is a electrical ground issue or computer issue however after a lot of reading on this forum I start to second guess myself. I have read that Muzzy has bad customer service and no one has answers to some of their problems (yes I know they are out of business) but does anybody know if they have run into cam issues on their Muzzy 1103 big bore kit? Also what shops do you guys recommend on picking their brain? If I cannot find the issue myself I'm not opposed to pulling the motor and shipping it to have it inspected and or tested. Id prefer to rule out any electrical issues if any first just to verify that isn't my problem so please any advice on what shops to call or that would be willing to put the car on a dyno would be appreciated. The shops I have read to maybe have some info sounds like speedwerx and or maybe Dasa? I will attach some pics of what I'm working with Thank you!
View attachment 210794 View attachment 210802 View attachment 210810 View attachment 210818
Try John at Mid Cities Motorsports. 562-531-1225 Paramount Ca.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It might be worth a phone call to Triumph Motor Sports in Corona. Anthony, the owner and Miguel the manager have a great mechanic Dave, that is getting set up to do more engine work on the Wild Cat. However, they seem to not have slowed down this summer and may or may not have an opening at this time. 951-898-0272. They are heavy into RZRS and Can Ams, complete builds and greatest deals on Tires and Wheels. GREAT LOOKING CAR Would love to have it running correctly to see how the big engine helps.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Bas a$$ looking ride. Hope you get it worked out.

Reactions: Sylvesterscustoms

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Sylvesterscustoms. It appears you are finding out what the rest of us know. No one cares about AC anymore. One shop you can try is The Pro Shop in Stanton Ca. Last time I stopped by 6 mos ago and was and has been RZR-Mav city, so good luck. PM me your number and I will see if I can help. I cant promise because I am super busy with work, toys etc as well. But if can help a member in need I will give it a shot. I am in Anaheim and take payments in cash, bitcoin, gold, beer, pizza etc. Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks nice!
Has the ECM been flashed/altered to accommodate the new fuel requirements? More power = more fuel; are injectors and fuel pump adequate?
Yes it has from previous owner however there has been too many hands in this cookie jar so I'm looking to find a shop locally that is trust worthy and is familiar with arctic cat to rule out electrical or not my gut feeling says that its either a ground issue that is intermittent/ ECM that went bad/ or I feel that there could be issues with the cams that were installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It might be worth a phone call to Triumph Motor Sports in Corona. Anthony, the owner and Miguel the manager have a great mechanic Dave, that is getting set up to do more engine work on the Wild Cat. However, they seem to not have slowed down this summer and may or may not have an opening at this time. 951-898-0272. They are heavy into RZRS and Can Ams, complete builds and greatest deals on Tires and Wheels. GREAT LOOKING CAR Would love to have it running correctly to see how the big engine helps.
Thanks I will give them a call I appreciate it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Sylvesterscustoms. It appears you are finding out what the rest of us know. No one cares about AC anymore. One shop you can try is The Pro Shop in Stanton Ca. Last time I stopped by 6 mos ago and was and has been RZR-Mav city, so good luck. PM me your number and I will see if I can help. I cant promise because I am super busy with work, toys etc as well. But if can help a member in need I will give it a shot. I am in Anaheim and take payments in cash, bitcoin, gold, beer, pizza etc. Cheers, Paul
Yeah its crazy you mention Arctic Cat and shops shy away. Thanks I have some more research to do and I will get back to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow thats a nice car !!

hope someone can help you bring this beast to run !!

there are racers here- like alex fortune- know a lot bout this machines-

and i remember an article someone (wildcat willys team?) racing a bigbore cat-

found it:

https://dirtwheelsmag.com/home-page/wildcat-racers-desert-dominators/
That's a great ad that's what I'm looking for actually a shop or person who has actually built a muzzy kit thank you for the info ill be calling them tomorrow!

·
Administrator
27,673 Posts
Yes I am near Riverside Ca in SoCal do you know any specialty shops in the area that can put the car on a dyno? I'm trying to rule out any potential ECM issues Thanks
You might try ALBA.

·
Registered
335 Posts
View attachment 210794 View attachment 210802 View attachment 210810 View attachment 210818
The H2 engine is notorious for fouling plugs, might try changing the plugs and insure they are NGK. I personally use the Nology Hot wire spark plug wires and the NGK CR9EIA-9
Iridium spark plugs. This has stopped the 1 cylinder misfire that is common, and has a better idle . I have the X engine and the two major things that are different in the
2012 engines and the X engines is that there is a compression release built into the camshaft on the stock 2012 engine and it had a wet clutch, These were both eliminated
on the 2013 1/2 engine, so I of course don't know what camshafts are in your engine, stock or aftermarket, but either way, I doubt that the camshaft is causing the problems
you describe, More likely it is Spark plugs, or the Muzzy Controller. Beautiful machine, MLS has new 2018 engines available you could upgrade the entire system to 2018 and
it would run great, and produce about 94 horsepower.
SPARK PLUGS.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts