Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced the driver side rear CV boot 3 times already. It cracks in the same place every time, right on the spine of the accordion. Does any know of any aftermarket boots available. I am growing tired of putting the OEM ones on.

Looked around to see if it's rubbing/catching on something and can't find anything. Weird.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have replaced the driver side rear CV boot 3 times already. It cracks in the same place every time, right on the spine of the accordion. Does any know of any aftermarket boots available. I am growing tired of putting the OEM ones on.

Looked around to see if it's rubbing/catching on something and can't find anything. Weird.
I had the same problem with the inside rear boots. I made guards to stop the rocks coming off the front tires. Cured my issues. But I live in the rocky desert in AZ

·
Registered
43 Posts

I forgot to explain one more modification, the inside rear boots need to be vented. The CV's get very hot and have expanded the boots enough to pop them. My cure was to cut the outside clamp off the boot (small clamp) and use a zip strap in it's place. Don't put the strap in the groove in the axle, let the boot push itself where it needs to. Mine settled down about an inch and a half outside of the groove in the axle. This and the rock guards stopped my issues.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had the same problem with the inside rear boots. I made guards to stop the rocks coming off the front tires. Cured my issues. But I live in the rocky desert in AZ
This is pretty interesting. I never thought that guards would help a lot in this situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts