Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is , why wcd so expensive if already has cv tech clutch,is it different than the cv tech Adam will put in with the wcd?

·
Registered
686 Posts
the factory secondary in your machine is manufactured by CVtech, a company that builds clutches.

the factory primary is built by a company in china

the primary used in the wet clutch delete is also built by CVtech, which is a completely different clutch than the factory clutch. so you are replacing the entire primary when doing the wet clutch delete.

·
Registered
686 Posts
currently, after changing springs and helix in the secondary, you can get all of the gains you are wanting out of the stock secondary. the secondary is a good secondary, has some flaws but it is a very good unit. wont backshift under loads with the stock primary. change the primary, change the secondary spring, and whabam it works grreat. change the spring and the helix in the secondary you can make the wildcat run like a scalded ape like the video you saw.

the wildcat in the video has a WCD, new helix, and new secondary spring. and runs like mama whooped him with a switch.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Adam If you add an exhaust and ecu do you have to make any changes to the wcd kit that is been set up for a stock unit??

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
currently, after changing springs and helix in the secondary, you can get all of the gains you are wanting out of the stock secondary. the secondary is a good secondary, has some flaws but it is a very good unit. wont backshift under loads with the stock primary. change the primary, change the secondary spring, and whabam it works grreat. change the spring and the helix in the secondary you can make the wildcat run like a scalded ape like the video you saw.

the wildcat in the video has a WCD, new helix, and new secondary spring. and runs like mama whooped him with a switch.[/QUOTE

Gawd I love it when you talk dirty like that!!

Every day, I wake up and tell myself I'm gonna be patient, wait till the dealer calls me, I'm not going to get all worked up over this thing...

then I read another one of your posts, and I want to jump in my truck and go down to the dealer's office and jump up and down on his desk like a crazed gorilla until he sells me the floor model then tear it apart on the showroom floor, mail the wet clutch to ya and haul butt home and mug the mailman everyday until the WCD kit arrives!!!

Help me Lord, I'm running out of sedatives!!!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts

the wildcat in the video has a WCD, new helix, and new secondary spring. and runs like mama whooped him with a switch.
Are the new helix and secondary spring an additional charge to the WCD? If so, what can we expect to gain from just the WCD? I want it all!!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
He has one set aside for me you greedy little girls. BACK OFF MY WCD!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts

So your "normal" WCD that we have all been talking bout does not have this special helix???? The one in the video does and without it we aren't getting everything we "need"???? Interesting.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yea Im confused, what do you get with the wcd?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gawd I love it when you talk dirty like that!!

Every day, I wake up and tell myself I'm gonna be patient, wait till the dealer calls me, I'm not going to get all worked up over this thing...

then I read another one of your posts, and I want to jump in my truck and go down to the dealer's office and jump up and down on his desk like a crazed gorilla until he sells me the floor model then tear it apart on the showroom floor, mail the wet clutch to ya and haul butt home and mug the mailman everyday until the WCD kit arrives!!!

Help me Lord, I'm running out of sedatives!!![/QUOTE]

That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while. I visualized every second. The only difference is that I want to drive to Three River Falls and build my own damn WC. Just give me the parts, I'll figure it out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Okay, I'm sure this has already been posted but I'm too lazy to look for it. Why in the hell is there a wet clutch in the arctic cats to begin with. I went to airdam's website and he said the delete gets rid of 7lbs of rotating weight. That's one gallon of gas taken off the crankshaft! The wet clutch has to have some major benefit or it wouldn't be in there, right? The only benefit that I've read in the forum is that it saves the belt or something. I guess that's because there's no stall anymore after the delete.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Curious if that's 7bs including the addition of the new Primary? If so that's a significant weight saving.
Thats gonna be the difference between the wet clutch assembly which is pretty heavy and the wet clutch drum both being gone and replaced with a straight shaft. The primary differences will be small. Yes it is a lot of rotating weight off the crank so you could see how it would impact it dramatically.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts