Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Saw this earlier,nothing done performance wise,winch, cage,windshield, wheels and tires,

·
Registered
218 Posts
I heard elsewere D&P was making some aftermarket parts for the WC. Like a SPD (Spike load dampener) eleminator ect.:cool:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm not sure I would want to take out the wet clutch and the sld. Unless the sld becomes a problem I am going to leave it alone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Its going to need a winch to hook on to the XP so it can winch its way up the top of china wall lol!!!:hahaha::hahaha:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Whether one likes the styling or not, that is one stout, properly built cage.

If I had to choose what UTV to drive off a cliff in @ 80 mph, this is the one I'd pick. Especially over a stock XP. As for what they've done to it, they might not be done yet. First you make it safer, then you make it go faster.

I have an 89 Mustang GT that got a major brake upgrade, then suspension upgrade, then it got engine upgrades. Stock it couldn't stop itself safely to begin with, so I sure wasn't going to make it any faster with crappy brakes.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Whether one likes the styling or not, that is one stout, properly built cage.

If I had to choose what UTV to drive off a cliff in @ 80 mph, this is the one I'd pick. Especially over a stock XP. As for what they've done to it, they might not be done yet. First you make it safer, then you make it go faster.

I have an 89 Mustang GT that got a major brake upgrade, then suspension upgrade, then it got engine upgrades. Stock it couldn't stop itself safely to begin with, so I sure wasn't going to make it any faster with crappy brakes.
OMG finally someone else who knows that the 5.0's had no brakes for shit. Back when I had an 93 LT1 Camaro I would often let up if we were racing and approaching a red light to give the Mustangs a chance to survive stops, of course they would think it was some victory because obviously to them I was letting up because they were somehow going to start pulling on me on top end (LOL no way of course 5.0's were shit once they get to 3rd gear the ass whipping gets worse and worse as speed rises).

If you came across someone that was a real dick in a 5.0 it was easy to press him to his doom by staying just ahead until it was too late for him to be able to stop and then drop anchor, if he was lucky he wouldn't hit anyone as he went right through the red light nose down ass up but not scrubbing off much speed at all. The Camaro on the other hand, holy crap it had incredible brakes, I always said mashing the pedal on it was like throwing out an anchor and releasing a parachute at the same time.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
OMG finally someone else who knows that the 5.0's had no brakes for shit. Back when I had an 93 LT1 Camaro I would often let up if we were racing and approaching a red light to give the Mustangs a chance to survive stops, of course they would think it was some victory because obviously to them I was letting up because they were somehow going to start pulling on me on top end (LOL no way of course 5.0's were shit once they get to 3rd gear the ass whipping gets worse and worse as speed rises).

If you came across someone that was a real dick in a 5.0 it was easy to press him to his doom by staying just ahead until it was too late for him to be able to stop and then drop anchor, if he was lucky he wouldn't hit anyone as he went right through the red light nose down ass up but not scrubbing off much speed at all. The Camaro on the other hand, holy crap it had incredible brakes, I always said mashing the pedal on it was like throwing out an anchor and releasing a parachute at the same time.

LOL

I'm just picturing your car stopping on a dime with an anchor and a parachute hanging of fthe back as a Stang skids thru the light!

When I first got it, I was showing off to a friend of mine and it got sideways into the other lane on a twisty road. I overcorrected, got it back into my lane just as a car came by, now I'm sideways on my shoulder of the road, overcorrect again, I'm back to sideways on the opposite lane just as a truck comes into view, I get it back into my lane and straightened out, my buddy was clawing for a grab handle all over the dash all that time! Then he says, "You're luckier than you are talented!"

After I got the brakes and suspension dialed in, it was almost a slot car. I used to go up on Round Top/Tantalus Dr above Honolulu and wait for the crotch rocket bikes to come screaming by. I'd jump in behind them and chase them through the twisties all the way around the mountain! On the straights, they'd pull away, but in the turns, I'd be in a 4 wheel drift, full lock, catching up pretty fast! When we finally reached the bottom of the hill, I'd stop, and my brakes were glowing dull orange, smoke curling off the pads!

I'm amazed I never got caught, because I was sideways pretty much the entire time!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Haha yep I always said that thing could stop on a dime and cut nine cents change!!!!!!!

I agree on bikes too they leave you on the open straights but you gain so much on the turns or in any kind of traffic they can never get away. Todays modern crotch rockets cannot even get away from my work car and its an economy car, just keep a high average speed around 120 and they can't get away or even keep up. Fear keeps them well within reach at all times in traffic and especially through turns, they can't keep my 08 Elantra work car from passing them and once I am in front (which always happens very quickly) its all over I haven't had one in the last 5 years be able to beat me and this happens much more than you think LOL I would say a couple times a month. My wifes 07 G35S would really lay waste to them because it was even easier to maintain high speed in. This will go on for miles and miles (sometimes 10 or 15 miles) they really get pissed when a car dusts them off. Yes I am a street race terror around Houston highways. :fing26:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Haha yep I always said that thing could stop on a dime and cut nine cents change!!!!!!!

I agree on bikes too they leave you on the open straights but you gain so much on the turns or in any kind of traffic they can never get away. Todays modern crotch rockets cannot even get away from my work car and its an economy car, just keep a high average speed around 120 and they can't get away or even keep up. Fear keeps them well within reach at all times in traffic and especially through turns, they can't keep my 08 Elantra work car from passing them and once I am in front (which always happens very quickly) its all over I haven't had one in the last 5 years be able to beat me and this happens much more than you think LOL I would say a couple times a month. My wifes 07 G35S would really lay waste to them because it was even easier to maintain high speed in. This will go on for miles and miles (sometimes 10 or 15 miles) they really get pissed when a car dusts them off. Yes I am a street race terror around Houston highways. :fing26:

It's funny you get away with that, but every time I've driven through TX with CA plates, I've been pulled over just because of the CA plates!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
It's funny you get away with that, but every time I've driven through TX with CA plates, I've been pulled over just because of the CA plates!
That is probably happening on the open highway away from the cities because in Texas you have to have a plate on the front and DPS will pull you over for that its an easy money generator for them and can lead to the discovery of more things since its a valid reason to pull you over. So when you pass by them with no front plate which is very easy to see even from the other side of the highway they pull out or turn around and come get you, in your case they don't want to appear silly so they just go ahead and pull you over even though they discover the Kalifornia plate when they catch up to you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts