Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Wildcat 1000 4 seater and I am considering putting on 30" tires. I have been trying to research some new clutch kits in order to maintain good power with my machine. The Dalton kit has rave reviews but was designed and tested for the 2 seater(although it will fit the 4 seater). Has anyone tried this kit on the 4 seater? If so, how does it perform? Or could someone recommend a good clutch kit for the 4 seater?? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I have no idea how it would perform on a 4X, but I have a new Dalton kit I would sell for $200 shipped if you decide to go that way. Only the adjusting wrench was used. Dalton gave me a deal on replacement parts and I went another way after I got them in the mail.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The Dalton clutch kit is money; especially when going to a larger diameter tire. -save some money for a large brake rotor kit ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have nothing to compare it to, but we ran ours with the dalton unloaded arms with 30inch sti outback max. Was night n day difference from factory to dalton setup. Never blew or burned a belt, can’t say that without kit installed lol. Anyhow that’s my experience with the kit. If your going up to 30’s I’d be putting some kinda kit in.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dalton flat out told me they had no experience either the Limo Cats so I went with SSI. So far nothing negative to report.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no idea how it would perform on a 4X, but I have a new Dalton kit I would sell for $200 shipped if you decide to go that way. Only the adjusting wrench was used. Dalton gave me a deal on replacement parts and I went another way after I got them in the mail.
Awesome, I may take you up on that! Where are you shipping from?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks izom, they are 30inch outback max mmgubler. I run our arms in kit fully unloaded. Got most of the power back. Works for us anyhow.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Mesa AZ. That is for CONUS only, hope you are not in Canada, AK or HI.
I don't know why people say that, I have a sister-in-law ships me stuff from US occasionally & in some cases it's cheaper to ship to Canada that to some states!
Parcels marked used parts come right thru with no extra cost & USPS shipping charges are about 1/3rd the cost of our domestic postal service.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I don't know why people say that, I have a sister-in-law ships me stuff from US occasionally & in some cases it's cheaper to ship to Canada that to some states!
Parcels marked used parts come right thru with no extra cost & USPS shipping charges are about 1/3rd the cost of our domestic postal service.
I have never had an easy time shipping to Canada. I have had to fill out forms and it was always more than USPS priority. Just the form headache was enough to sour me on shipping there, especially if I was picking up the tab on the shipping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts