Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer got 10 last week and I got to see one in person. I really liked the look and feel of the machine.
We went back and forth on the price. This morning I finally get a OTD price and I realized I had not even taken a ride in a Wildcat.
Would I even like it? Could I get a used Rzr for alot less? BAHH!!! What to do...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had a RZR 800 and then a RZR S for a total of almost 5 years and now I've had a WC for 5 days. The performance and the build quality of the Artic Cat is miles ahead of the Polaris! You sould be able though to buy a Polaris cheap with all the guys dumping them to get a WC.

·
Registered
285 Posts
But we're here to talk about the impractical. Fahgettaboud cost, retirement, and feeding the pig. You could be the talk in the sand with a new Wildcat. :)

But seriously, I'm pretty much in the same boat. I go and talk $$ and think about what I could buy used with alot of upgrades. You buy new and you still need to add thousands in extras like WCD, tires, seat belts, lights, whip, wheels, etc... I've gotten by with renting a nice local Rzr S. Plenty of benes: no maintenance, storing, etc. At 52, I've sold the dirt bike and am at the crossroads of owning my own.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've bought a lot of things over the years this is by farther best bang for the buck bar none nothing out there is comparable on the market it will bring a lot of changes for the utv market in the years to come

·
Registered
545 Posts
If Ur older and appreciate a smother ride so Ur not sore for 3 days after a ride,hands down by a wildcat!if Ur on a budget buy a used rzr s or xp.value is plumiting on them now,my 2009 s ,dealer offered me $6000 for it had over $22000 in it,it only had 120 hrs and 1200 miles on it.I said hell no,I was trying to buy xp the month before the wildcat press release,lucky for me I put it off and sold it for $12500 while waiting on wildcat! I love my wifes wildcat just wish mine would show!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My local dealer got 10 last week and I got to see one in person. I really liked the look and feel of the machine.
We went back and forth on the price. This morning I finally get a OTD price and I realized I had not even taken a ride in a Wildcat.
Would I even like it? Could I get a used Rzr for alot less? BAHH!!! What to do...
Hello Daryl:

It never hurts to wait and think things over yes it is a lot of money for some of us and a drop in the bucket for others, if you can afford to buy another one next year if you don't like this one then go for it. If not then it is better to think it over and you won't end up saying what was i thinking or (not thinking!)
I have been offered a Wildcat by 2 different dealers last week but i am going to wait and take the summer to think things out and make sure i will really use it. It is killing me to wait so i know what you are going through, everyday i fight with my self i want it now but my heart tells me to give it a little more time and the season is winding down here in AZ.
Go with your heart you know deep down what the right answer and since you didn't pull the trigger that pretty much tells the story, take your time and do some more research and make the decision on facts not want, and yes it is ok to wait. there is no reason to rush into anything until you fell it is the right thing to do.
Yes i did get all warm and fuzzy when i heard about the Wildcat and i am sure i will still feel the same way it is just going to come a little later.
Take care
Ernie

·
Registered
195 Posts
Most duners don't go out during the summer months, 120 degree temps. put a damper on the fun factor, so their season excludes the summer months.

·
Registered
42 Posts
we still ride when its over 100°F and humid as a$$ but we just ride from swimming hole to swimming hole....gotta stay hydrated with BLs.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
We dune in the winter when its 75 degrees, and then go up to the mountains when its 110 in Phoenix. Its 80 degrees up there in the summer and the trail riding and beer drinking are very relaxing...................

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
To the op this is my opinion. Xp is a nice machine. Nothing wrong with it. I don't fit in it. That was my biggest reason to look for something else. That being said, lets weigh a few other things. Used rzr you have no clue how it was treated, buy at your own risk unless you know the guy. Add power steering and shocks to a new xp the cat comes out ahead with just a wcd(personal choice here) Me personally I will be doing the ecu when benchmark gets er done and probably a slip on exhaust still keeping me under the shock price for an xp, or at least really close. Write it all down, the pros and cons to you, and figure out what will suit you best. Either way I don't think you can go wrong but I'm on this forum the rzr guys miss out on the bunny! Viva la rabbit!

·
Registered
304 Posts
We dune in the winter when its 75 degrees, and then go up to the mountains when its 110 in Phoenix. Its 80 degrees up there in the summer and the trail riding and beer drinking are very relaxing...................
Yeah we have the Dunes and Desert all winter long then during the summer we can go Riding at the Cinders or go over to Cal and ride Pismo Beach.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
pismo winds salt more salt winds been there will not go back and the wind is cold the water is cold not fun you did not say the river you have to drive cross at low tide

1 - 20 of 27 Posts