Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to find any info on the dash power outlet. how many amps is it rated for?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doh, I didn't even think to look at the fuse box. thanks

·
Registered
750 Posts
I believe it's 30 amps, shared with the rear SAE plug. That's according to the wiring diagram here. If you want to make sure, look for a red/ white wire at each plug location. I think the 2 front SAE plugs (under the dash and under the seat) are the switched ones that are 15 amps. That's the orange/black wire.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it's 30 amps, shared with the rear SAE plug. That's according to the wiring diagram here. If you want to make sure, look for a red/ white wire at each plug location. I think the 2 front SAE plugs (under the dash and under the seat) are the switched ones that are 15 amps. That's the orange/black wire.
Thanks. If it is 30 amp then I could get a 12 volt 300 watt electric heater for when I plow. Mostly just to keep the windshield from fogging and from snow building up on it

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks. If it is 30 amp then I could get a 12 volt 300 watt electric heater for when I plow. Mostly just to keep the windshield from fogging and from snow building up on it
To be honest, I was surprised it was rated that high. I wouldn't run 25 amps through those small wires. I think they're only 16 awg wires. Look up under the dash and confirm though. I would want at least 12 awg for 25 amps. The charts at each of these pages use AT LEAST 12awg:

Reactions: mtgott

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Don't forget you're only going to get high wattage out of your charging system at high RPM

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I will definitely look at it and see what size wire it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts