Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i built this wildcat X motor for a wildcat I built from parts . Ive built a few of these motors. Boight this set if cylinders of a forum and one ended up being cracked down the side from the top very strage as there wouldnt be any piston load on the side but whatever it happened and thats where the water was getting in exhaust and compression into thw radiator .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now it seems hard to find correct info online about differences between X and non X I currently have all this laid out on table so thought Id share hands on info the non X cylinders are part number 0804-031 and the X cylinders are part number 0804-061

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a visual of the height difference. Non X measure 2.9165 from bottom mount surface to top and X cylinder measures 2.8935 for a difference in height of .023

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first wildcat of the 3 I have now is a 2012 and I built that motor using wiseco 40081M09200 12.5 to 1 pistons and that machine runs great had a very noticable exhaust tone change and definately increased power they are completely flat and the valve lift in the non x doesnt interfere . I just tried with this X motor something I was thinking about wondering if it would work and it definately will not without further modification . I wondered if I could use non X cylinders and those wiseco hi compression with the x cams after assembling that real quick and rolling over very slowly by hand the intake valves contacted the piston so without machining valve reliefs in them this combination will not work .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres a pic of the pistons non X on left X in middle see valve reliefs , and wiseco high compression no good for X but brings non X and the 4 wheelers right to life . If you order a stock piston for any of the wildcats or 4 wheelers you get the wildcat X piston with valve reliefs the old number was superceded and this is what they give you now makes sence only have to make 1 .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What Im thinking now is I have a bunch of good non x cylinders , the base gasket measures .020 so if I were to leave that out and just use hondabond there to seal bottom of cylinder to case I would be almost back to same installed height as an X cylinder well close enough I dont think be able to notice any power difference . Any one see any issue with that ?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
As long as it is sealed up well, that should work.

I've wondered about using two base gaskets for turbocharging an X. Sealing both gaskets would be a bit more difficult, but I think it is do-able.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honda bond is wonderful stuff seals everything im sure youd be fine putting a light coat on each gasket they will be one when tightened .

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I would surface the cylinders that .023 and use the gaskets. (I have a 4 "x heads" sitting in my garage somewhere)

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
..its just too bad the atv cylinders dont fit !?? - there would be a lot of good options- 550, 650, 700 - x2 - up to 1400 cc ;-))

1 - 11 of 11 Posts