Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer just called me and said he just got off the phone with AC and they told him the build date for my Wildcat is the end of January and it should be delivered the first part of February. Screw Christmas.... I can't wait till February!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
That's good to hear. I'm a little worried about the delivery date for mine. Our local dealer only ordered 4 of the Wildcats but did take a early delivery deposit from me and one of my friends. He called his dealer rep while I waited to see how soon we would get them and according to the rep we should see them in March or early April. We need them in time for the "Rally on the Rocks" in Moab mid May. Sure hope they are here in time.

Dwight

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I waited till the last day(Nov 30th) to put my deposit down and I was told then I wouldn't see a green one till may and if I wanted a black one it wouldn't be here till sometime in March. So I was thinking I wouldn't see mine till May. I was kicking my self in the butt for waiting till the last minute. But that was good news today. This will be my first sXs and I have been told by some of my buddies that when I get it I need to take it to Moab. I am only 300 miles from Moab and never been down there to play.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW Dwight my dealer only order 4, too. But I think the four they ordered were for them to sell after the preorders come in. So I think the dealers had to order a minimum of 4 to be a Wildcat dealer, plus what ever they had for preorders.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Its always been feb. when they are suppose to ship.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was told when I put my $500 down the first one would start shipping in Feb. but since I waited till the 30th of Nov. my place in line was in May.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I'm thinking the people that put their money down first, they may get theirs in Jan. or maybe before.

·
Registered
986 Posts
There are tons of rumors, I heard one dealer from Tulsa at the car show said they took 600 pre-orders (I'm guessing he was saying AC as a whole???) which would fit in line with another rumor from 3 weeks ago that there were 450? Maybe there are more, maybe less, but the website for AC and Bass Pro both said pre-order now for February delivery, so I think if you pre-ordered you get it in February period. Also, I don't think the dealers order has anything to do with pre-orders as Road Track and Trail ordered like 28, but that doesn't mean they get more, or more sooner. Also, I was told that your pre-order unit is built based on the pre-order, it doesn't matter what color. I asked because I switched colors.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who knows... Thats what the rep said on Nov. 30 when I put my deposit down, the dealer was on the phone with him when I was standing in his office and I just about didn't order one when they said May for a green one

·
Registered
54 Posts
My dealer here in Ontario ordered 10, 4 black and 6 green, he still says demo before christmas. I dont mind waiting a bit, its better that the quality is A1, it would be the shits if AC pushed through a bunch of units just to try and keep a deadline. Who knows what assembly line problems they are having to deal with, not to mention all the complaints of under power and clutching they are reading on this site. LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wish Arctic Cat would give us a heads up. The people that put deposits down should recieve something in the way of (Maybe thanks for your purchase) or (We are in production) ANYTHING! They should have a idea by now of dates . With little to no info from AC makes me wonder about them. I have never owned a AC product so im going on faith alone so some reasurance from them would be nice.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You guys need to take a breather. I understand your all excited but geez give AC a break. Im sure they are busy trying to make every last detail they can as perfect as they can. I chose not to pre order for the reasons already stated, not much hard info. It was your choice to sign up for the pre order "ride" now sit back, fasten your seatbelts, and hold on tight.:cool:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess if there was enough snow here, I would be out riding my other Arctic Cat 1000(M1000) instead of waiting impatiently for my Wildcat to get here.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Not mine, I gave them a check and then put a stop payment on it, even though they told me they were not actually going to cash the check it is just a "hold the spot" thing.

:p

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
:p[/QUOTE]
Not mine, I gave them a check and then put a stop payment on it, even though they told me they were not actually going to cash the check it is just a "hold the spot" thing.

THATS WEIRD i was told the payment was forwarded to arctic cat, thats how the get in line was established, either way i know my dealer is good for it.

·
Registered
263 Posts

THATS WEIRD i was told the payment was forwarded to arctic cat, thats how the get in line was established, either way i know my dealer is good for it.
Ditto. My dealer cashed my check about a week after he received it.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
They charged my card as well. As for this:

You guys need to take a breather. I understand your all excited but geez give AC a break. Im sure they are busy trying to make every last detail they can as perfect as they can. I chose not to pre order for the reasons already stated, not much hard info. It was your choice to sign up for the pre order "ride" now sit back, fasten your seatbelts, and hold on tight.:cool:
By 'they' you mean the Public Relations & marketing and QC people that have nothing to do while the designers and factory workers build the machine? Seems to me they might be able to invest a little time and my $500 to send me a $0.25 post card...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts