Wildcat Forum banner

DiamondBack SxS Carrier

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Elkwhisperer37 
#1 ·
Is anyone using one of these SxS carrier on their Truck? If so what are you going to use if it breaks down to hook your winch to?

#2 ·
There is a lot to consider:
(1) Your broken Wildcat still needs to roll easily
(2) Even if it rolls easily, I would only try it with a sling or harness or bracket that spreads the load across both front tie down points. The tie down cleats look strong enough, but they are just bolted to aluminum diamond plate. Maybe the manufacturer has a more robust option?
(3) Which way will you "trailer" your 1000? Will that put the Wildcat winch point far enough behind the tie down points so that you can pull it all the way onto the carrier? As an example of a setup that I think will NOT work, if your winch fairlead is front mounted and you want to trailer the Wildcat nose forward, the angle of the winch line to the tie downs is not good. I think the angle goes bad with the Wildcat still a few feet short of being fully loaded. If the rear wheels aren't on the extensions yet, good luck pushing it the rest of the way up the ramps. On the other hand, if your fairlead is setup so that you can run the winch line under the Wildcat from whatever end loads last, I think the geometry of the winch, line and tie down points would work. I've not seen too many winches installed in a manner that would allow that.

The rocksliders you list makes your Wildcat cockpit pretty wide. You may need to carry a step-ladder to get in and out of the Wildcat while it is on the carrier.

#3 ·
That was also my concern. I asked Diamondback they said there cover was not built to withstand a winch pulling on it. You would have to hook to the truck. Looking for a way to haul my cat and take my trailer rather then staying in the enclosed trailer. Some reason My wife doe not enjoy it as much as the trailer.

#4 ·
I pull a 5th 28 footer and my cat behind that just have to make sure the states you pull it in will allow pulling two trailers. I would post a pic. I dont know how yet. and I do have a license to pull triples.

#5 ·
Cant pull triples in Oregon think I'm pulling my bed and going with a flatbed.

#6 ·
I am highly thinking of getting the DiamondbackSxS. I spoke with them for a good while today. The cleats are rated for 1600lbs working load each, and the headache rack cannot be used to winch or pull on. I have an 8ft box so worst case scenario if it was damaged beyond winching up easily, I would remove the Diamondback and pull it onto the truck bed, then stow the Diamondback. I imagine that a strap between the 2 front cleats or welding a high working load D ring in the center could lend as a winch or come-along point. With the extensions and the 8ft bed, I won’t have any issues of length getting the UTV up far enough towards the cab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.