Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my add on upper section with full 1 pc Lexan for this winter. Wanted to add a manual wiper and the stepped add on would not work with wiper. Old one blocked alot of cold wind but this should work better. Added aluminum square tube at roof to stiffen things up and block all the cold air swept in at the top. Hopefully wiper does it's job too... Try to get out and test it this weekend before road trip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Looks like that will work good!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
That looks really good

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Where did you get that wiper set-up from? I'm looking to put a wiper on my windshield and I like the looks of that one. Thanks

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you get that wiper set-up from? I'm looking to put a wiper on my windshield and I like the looks of that one. Thanks
Got it from amazon canada.. US should have similar. Had to send a couple back as they did not measure what was listed. This one is referenced as 15.7" + 15.7" for wiper pivot to center and then blade length. Blade was still too long for my setup and I threw a 12" on then it just clears my center window bolt. Can PM you the link for same unit... Alot of them are probably good for utility tall windshield but not the trail.. First couple were almost 24" to end of blade so gotta watch out for that.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Thank you for the quick response. I will check out our Amazon choices, otherwise I might have to help support Canada's economy. lol

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: windshield works great. -8C and the only time you feel any cold or wind is when you are stopped. For snow and water the wiper works excellent, freezing rain doesn't! For heat idea I put a passive vent in pass side just flowing raditator air through abs pipe and a vent kit I got for playin around with. Passes a bit of air in through firewall, but when the rad fan kicks in it pushes just like a heater duct with fan. Not enough air right now to really help but worth playing with some more. Pulled the dipstick access panel off and we got lots of heat in cab! Bonus is I kept the OEM windshield base in place and any fogging from hitting water or if snow melts and steam comes in cab you just flip the oem vents down and it clears the windshield in seconds. Not sure if I will bother looking into a heater system now... Try again when it is -15C or so and see how it works. Wife gets cold quick and she was totally comfortable with this setup so far.. Might not even need upper door windows... need to work on the rad duct setup a bit more, 2" dia ducting should have been 2 1/2" or so and would flow alot better and 2 ducts. The dipstick panel removed seems almost enough-should have tried that before hole sawing for a duct!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Maybe a small 12volt fan (low cfm,quiet)mounted in the oil dipstick opening grabbing header heat and distributing into the cab.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe a small 12volt fan (low cfm,quiet)mounted in the oil dipstick opening grabbing header heat and distributing into the cab.
It actually comes in almost like a bit of vacuum already, any steam coming in at dipstick opening blows straight to the windshield so lots of heated air movement now. But getting a 12v defroster to see if I can get a bit of heat direct on lexan for water that splashes then freezes on. Thanks for suggestion. Maybe a heater still in the plans next year, but have a custom flat boat coming for April and motor to get still so gonna make things work for this winter with diy cheapy stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Diy stuff is what these forums are made of, lots of great ideas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts