Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey since the trails have there DIY page I thought it would be nice to have one for the sports. I know they are very similar but still a Sport is a Sport! Lol

Anyways... If we could get one going that would be great!

Here is one from today... DIY pre filter scoop. I made it today as I'm trying to learn how to form the abs for my fenders. So after two mudst rides I have noticed a lot of mud and dirt were covering the pre filter. These can't be good for it. So I made a air scoop to help keep it cleaner. It was my first try at molding plastic... I still have a lot of learning to do. But for the first one I think its a winner!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
That's a great idea!!!

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
I'll tell you what, I'll monitor the thread, and if enough guys put up mods, I'll make it a sticky.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Just do what the wc1k guys do and rob our ideas from the trail sticky lol

nice job looks good and should work very well when you get those flares done but may have to be careful not to restrict it too much

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Stereo Jenson AM/FM , Line In, USB Controller

Pyle marine 400 watt 4 channel amp

Line In & USB Access Port

6 1/2 " Wake Board Speakers 200 Watts each

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
I'll tell you what, I'll monitor the thread, and if enough guys put up mods, I'll make it a sticky.
Since the Trail and Sport are so similar, other then suspension, just make it a DIY projects - Sport/Trail sticky. Most of the projects I see done for the Sport could be done on a Trail and vice-versa. I know everyone wants their own sticky, but can't we all just get along and share. :)

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Just do what the wc1k guys do and rob our ideas from the trail sticky lol

nice job looks good and should work very well when you get those flares done but may have to be careful not to restrict it too much
I dont think it will restrict, actually it might help add more due to the negative pressure caused by air rushing past it. Its the same idea as a cowl induction hood where it actually causes air to be sucked into the engine bay despite the opening facing away from the air flow. I wanted to do something similar but figured it would just get torn off.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I dont think it will restrict, actually it might help add more due to the negative pressure caused by air rushing past it. Its the same idea as a cowl induction hood where it actually causes air to be sucked into the engine bay despite the opening facing away from the air flow. I wanted to do something similar but figured it would just get torn off.
The first pic makes it appear pretty close to the flares giving a narrow gap and I doubt there is much negative pressure created at slower trail riding speeds I think it's a awesome idea and the placement of the inlet is exactly why I snorkled mine I think the inlet location is a terrible design and this is a great fix so long as it doesn't restrict

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Yeah it is horrible placement for the air intake. As for the scoop, considering the amount of crap thats usually stuck to mine i cant see it being any worse with the cowl on it. Sometimes mine is completely caked in little fluffy flower looking stuff from going though tall grassy areas and overgrown trails, the other half of the time its caked in mud. I think behind the seat would have been a better area. Snorkel still on my list someday.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts