Wildcat Forum banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I used 3 round aluminum soffit vents from Home Depot, gets the job done.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
considering the 1" gap you have all around the sides of the floor pan and the opening under the seats, those holes arent going to make a difference it water from below. They dont in mine anyway.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
not to mention the drain holes that are already in the floor

·
Registered
138 Posts
considering the 1" gap you have all around the sides of the floor pan and the opening under the seats, those holes arent going to make a difference it water from below. They dont in mine anyway.
Makes sense. I don't have one of these machines, but have been viewing these posts and finally decided to join.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum Captain!

16foxracing16 drilled 3 extra holes around each existing hole in the corners to help the floorboard drain faster. The frame is sandwiched between the floorboard and the skid plate. Here's a pic of the floorboard removed.

IMG_4407.JPG

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Made it much easier to clean out this weekend. I even added a few holes to the skid where the frame sections meet and dirt builds up, seems to help better than just those holes in the middle parts. She is definately not water tight.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
yes sir...no water ever spalshes from underneath....i just took the stock design and made it better. I saw the problem 1 day into riding...not enough draining in the right areas and also helps tremendously with washing.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
yes sir...no water ever spalshes from underneath....i just took the stock design and made it better. I saw the problem 1 day into riding...not enough draining in the right areas and also helps tremendously with washing.
Do the same to the skid especially near the rear frame sections, just a big dirt magnet.

For the newbie, we wont bust your balls too bad. Dont think about getting a sxs, just do it. You wont regret it. Unless you get a lemon, then i suggest you talk to Steveahreeno for moral support.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Added more mud guards to the sport ....got tired of my left arm and the fig edge of the roof having mud and also to keep mud from getting on the air inlet on the side...so far they work great...time will tell if they hold up.
Also I used big truck mud flaps...bought for $8.00 ..they make a thick one and a thin one....I used the thin one...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Made a riser for my little floor jack out of some scrap wood . Now I can use the jack to lift a side, the front, or the rear tires off the ground at the same time.

jack 2.jpg

jack 1.jpg

jack 3.jpg

jack 5.jpg

jack 4.jpg

Reactions: de3

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Not a true mod, but it looks better. I got rid of all those silly warning labels. They made quite a stack.

x warning labels 1.jpg

above door latch, both sides of the steering column

x warning labels 3.jpg

shifter tunnel

x warning labels 4.jpg

rear cage, and inside the bed

x warning labels 5.jpg

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I did that on day one along with every other decal on it including the doors and lower rocker panel since it was peeling anyway.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
How easy do they come off? Do you have to heat them up first?
Most peel right off, especially when they were new. A hair dryer couldn't hurt on some stubborn ones though.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I did mine in the winter, they pretty much fell off in the cold.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
They came off really easy then wipe down the plastic with some goo gone. I've got to take some time and cut the one off the glove box mesh. It's starting to fade already.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts