Wildcat Forum banner

141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
They came off really easy then wipe down the plastic with some goo gone. I've got to take some time and cut the one off the glove box mesh. It's starting to fade already.
I tore mine off. Just start it by cutting on the corner and then pull, doesnt hurt the mesh.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I cut the exhaust tip to keep the hot exhaust from blowing on the shock reservoir.

photo 2 (2).JPG

Reactions: Tn32268 and de3

·
Registered
201 Posts
Reactions: Tn32268 and de3

·
Registered
5,210 Posts

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Sat.... I cut a piece of rubber to fit my hitch to go behind the bolt and D-Ring... To provide some cushion of the d-ring from bouncing to prevent the powder coating from chipping.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure if this has been covered yet. I welded a single chain link to the top of each of my four bed bolts. The first time I used a ratchet strap to hold down my large ice chest using the factory plastic rings in the edges of the bed I noticed the bed squeezing in so I stopped. I only use the factory tie down points for bungee cords or the cargo nets. Anyhow these have worked out great to really secure a 20-40 lb item. If I ever pull these out of the frame then I will get a longer carriage bolt and do the same thing with the chain link but drill through the tubing and put a washer and nut on the under side. View attachment 31383 View attachment 31384
That's what I did, sort of. I got 4 galvanized eyebolts in place of the stock bed bolts. I drilled them through the frame rails above the engine and used washers on both sides with galvanized lock washers and nylock nuts. Works great for securing stuff with ratchet straps, and bungee cords just don't hold a cooler full of ice in place. I noticed my bed squeezing and my rear fenders pulling away so that prompted me to invent a better tie down solution.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Amazing what you can do with a some fiberglass and alot of patients. I have a few items i plan on making from fiberglass soon. Havent played with it in a while but ive made a few custom speaker boxes when i was younger and into that kind of thing. Looks good.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I would pay money for that fiberglass speaker enclosure!
After building an enclosure myself....i can see why people charge so much to build them now.!

Amazing what you can do with a some fiberglass and alot of patients. I have a few items i plan on making from fiberglass soon. Havent played with it in a while but ive made a few custom speaker boxes when i was younger and into that kind of thing. Looks good.
Thanks DRock,...i think it turned out pretty good for my first time..!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
By no means is it a cake walk. All depends on the finish product you want. More time you put in the better the end result. We have a shop up the road that does fiberglass everything so I may do the frame and initial layer myself then have then spray fiberglass and gel coat. Will save time and aggravation.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I plan on doing a compartment with tonneau cover for my flat deck. Easy to remove when I need the flatdeck and a massive water tight compartment when I don't need a flatdeck, plus it will look clean and finished

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tn32268,
Your enclosure is by far the best looking one I have seen out of any on the market, and home built. I am semi confident I could build another enclosure. I built one for my car 14 years ago to be hidden in the side of the trunk. I am just not sure I want to. Before I can even mount one like this I need to get the other bars purchased for the roof.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Tn32268,
Your enclosure is by far the best looking one I have seen out of any on the market, and home built. I am semi confident I could build another enclosure. I built one for my car 14 years ago to be hidden in the side of the trunk. I am just not sure I want to. Before I can even mount one like this I need to get the other bars purchased for the roof.
I say go for it, it's not that hard....just very time consuming. As you prob already know.!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
where did you get the plastic at??

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
great video zaar...looks like you'll have great coverage...hope hollywood doesn't see the video as you'll be on his harness bar/harnesses list...i can't take that from him though so just wait for it!...haaaa...but not really a laughing matter!...

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are looking for an easy DIY performance mod, try the EVO Stage 3. I put mine on earlier this week and it feels a lot quicker, especially out of hole. I also have Maverick Max, non-turbo. I plan on a drag race in the next week or so, but I think the cat will beat the mav for the first 50 yards or so because it's much lighter, then it will get interesting....

·
Registered
7 Posts
where did you get the plastic at??
Just search ABS plastic sheets with a hair cell finish. Reasonably cheap and very easy to work with. I bought 2 4x8 sheets here in NS for $140, should b cheaper down your way. You can pretty well do what ya want with it with a heat gun and an Olfa knife.

141 - 160 of 175 Posts