Wildcat Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Just search ABS plastic sheets with a hair cell finish. Reasonably cheap and very easy to work with. I bought 2 4x8 sheets here in NS for $140, should b cheaper down your way. You can pretty well do what ya want with it with a heat gun and an Olfa knife.
You can also get it from Amazon,1/8'' textured ABS plastic.Same material the flares are made out of.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just search ABS plastic sheets with a hair cell finish. Reasonably cheap and very easy to work with. I bought 2 4x8 sheets here in NS for $140, should b cheaper down your way. You can pretty well do what ya want with it with a heat gun and an Olfa knife.
Where in NS are you located?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Looks good,great idea,you have your whips mounted in the same place as mine are....

Reactions: Lefrancois_moto

·
Registered
144 Posts
Can I get some info on how that receiver is mounted?

·
Registered
7 Posts
How thick is the ABS you use? Like to try and make a few things. Any tips, never worked with it before.
I used 1/8th Haircell ABS. For your mudguards you should make a template first, I used bristol board which works real good. You will have to tape pieces together to get the full length you need. This stuff is very easy to work with. All you need is a heat gun and an Olfa knife. A piece of angle iron works good as a guide for your bends. A 4x8 sheet was plenty for all 4 mudguards, a roof and pieces left over......unless of course you make a few mistakes. I screwed one guard up and still had plenty. The front ones are more difficult than the backs ones. If you can get a scrap piece to practice on would help too, then you get an idea how much heat to use etc. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Lefrancois_moto

I have a couple of questions about the box is that you have in the trunk. What is it? Was it hard to install? Cost? Where did you purchase it?

Cheers,

Newfie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is the DIY exhaust i build for my Wildcat sport. $50 ebay universal muffler, a $6 adapter from Oreilly's, and some cutting and mating of the factory muffler inlet and the lip on, and here it is.
IMG_0400.JPG thumbnail.jpg IMG_0398.JPG

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
161 - 175 of 175 Posts