Wildcat Forum banner

841 - 860 of 881 Posts

·
Administrator
27,733 Posts
My Wildcat trail came without doors. Factory doors were crazy expensive! Least expensive aftermarket were $350 but couldn't get any info or pics. So since I don't have the skills or equipment to work with metal I built some out of wood. Yep wood!!! I first made the frames then skinned them with 1/4 lauan ply, then covered them with 1/2oz fiberglass cloth and finishing resin. They are strong and waterproof. Total cost is about $75.
More pics
Well, I see the pic posting directions worked, congrats.

·
Premium Member
7,712 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Added a A.C. flip up windshield and finally finished my custom tub gaurds and reservoir cover. Also did the sport fender conversion

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
i was looking for a way to mount a spare to my cat. here is what i did. that way i still can use my tow hitch and have the spare in the back. 20180201_122520 (1).jpg 20180201_122527.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
next step, rear cargo rack for addec cargo capaciti to go camping. the rack allows me to put soft stuff like tarps and other things undet it in the bed area. next project is the roof with integrated cargo rack. later because my welding guy is out off town for a few months. 20180408_143831.jpg sorry for upside down pics i do not know why it does that....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Finished my lower door extensions over the weekend. Total cost was about $130 for everything including Team Arctic Cat Green paint (pricey) and leaping cat stickers. Paint-$24, Stickers-$33, 24" x 32"x 1/8" ABS sheet-$32, 2-6' 3/4 x 3/4 x 1/16 alum angle-$12, 1-4' 3/4 x 1/8 alum bar-$6, 10-bolts & locking nuts-$10, rivets-$8, misc-$5.
I used mostly simple hand tools: carpenter square, screw driver, wrenches, 3/8" drill, Dremel tool, hack saw, utility knife and rivet tool. I needed to bend and shape frame to match curvature of door. Took a few times of assemble and reassembling until I got it looking right. Here are a few photos I took in the process. More in my doors album.
IMG_0833.JPG
IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_0846.JPG
View attachment 231690
IMG_0929.JPG

·
Registered
154 Posts
Got a few things done to mine lately.
Added a second battery with an isolator and fuses. I may change them to circuit breakers down the road but I don't really see a need too as long as I have a couple spare fuses, so far no issues.
Installed some vents between the seats and in the spark plug cover for the heat issues.
Added a charging port for cell phone as well as another 12 port for misc.
Wired in a plug so that I can boost the battery in needed without taking the cover off.
Built a storage shelf for under the hood where I keep a small tool box and my compressor.
Added a cargo storage box in the back.
Made a glove box door.
Made some pieces for the 1/2 doors out of puck board but ordered new full doors just to try and get a little more elbow and knee room.
Put a roof on it.
Added a horn which has already been useful.
Picked up most of the material to make a rack on the back for more storage, mostly just for a small cooler which doesn't fit in the cargo storage box.
I want to put a winch on the rear like I have on my Rhino but need to do something with my trailer first since it barely fits now without one. My ramps go in stake pockets at the front and back after I load it but with the winch I can't get the back ramp in the pockets. So I will probably just make a permanent hinged ramp over the winter for it.
Since we get into some pretty wet and muddy spots I want to make a cargo cover as well that i can just roll up or fold back when I don't need it or want to get into the box, and for the same reason I'm ordering a snorkel kit to install over the winter.
If I get time today I'm going to pick up some dom tubing that I will use for the harnesses as well as the cargo rack.
That's it for now.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Nice rack.
I made one that sits higher on the cage and it works well.
But I really like your design.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’ve seen a lot of racks out there most of which were mounted high and I kind of wanted a lower profile that sat level with my box that way I can carry larger items as well, thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
Check the bar oil level often and you might want to stuff a rag in the bottom. I had my wife make a bag/ cover for my chainsaw. I have found with it bouncing around on the back of the ATV that the bar oil seems to leak out quickly. One time I needed it and the reservoir was half empty. Nice rack though.

Reactions: mtgott and Dean
841 - 860 of 881 Posts