Wildcat Forum banner

861 - 877 of 877 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check the bar oil level often and you might want to stuff a rag in the bottom. I had my wife make a bag/ cover for my chainsaw. I have found with it bouncing around on the back of the ATV that the bar oil seems to leak out quickly. One time I needed it and the reservoir was half empty. Nice rack though.
That’s a good idea thanks. I usually bring spare oil and fuel on my quad so I’ve been there done that lol we get a lot of trees down on our trails here so a saw is a must have.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Looks really good. I hang mine from top cross tube, but anytime it is sitting on any surface I get oil trail. Putting something under like Wired said might save you some mess, especially if it finds it's way under plastic and gets to top end of engine 9 (sparkplug cover). Even better pack it in a case. The dust can be crazy in right conditions back there, at least with rear window it can be bad and there are cheap cases out there. My Stihl hard shell is great for in the pickup, but up here I got Princess Auto camo case for $12.99, fits perfect, wipe it out when needed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks really good. I hang mine from top cross tube, but anytime it is sitting on any surface I get oil trail. Putting something under like Wired said might save you some mess, especially if it finds it's way under plastic and gets to top end of engine 9 (sparkplug cover). Even better pack it in a case. The dust can be crazy in right conditions back there, at least with rear window it can be bad and there are cheap cases out there. My Stihl hard shell is great for in the pickup, but up here I got Princess Auto camo case for $12.99, fits perfect, wipe it out when needed.
Thanks for the advice!! I may place a rubber mat under it as well so I’ll be able to see if it leaks a bit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm replacing the green ones with black .093 kydex so I can use the old ones for patterns. Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I welded up a rack to hold my chainsaw among other things, any feedback would be great!!

Hello there,

Nice wildcat trail you got there.Wondering what storage tote you got to fit your machine. Its a real nice fit, like to get one my self

Thank you
Thanks! It’s a Plano box I bought from Cabelas for I believe about 30$ Can. It fits great.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I took a hard hit on the passenger side footwell a month ago, cracking the lower part of the tub, so it was time to deal with this once and for all. As always, I chose the ultra budget method to fix it (black diamond plate sure looks nice, right up until the point that I sunk $400 into rear bushings and bearing last month - which quickly negated any more $$ spent for the fix).

What I ended up with were a recently retired pair of stop signs, which are a lot heavier duty than what you'd expect ! They were offered to me from a friend who, as part of his job, is tasked with replacing any vandalized or damaged signs.

Signs.jpg
Templates.jpg
SignsCut.jpg
PassSide.jpg

i created cardboard templates, cut them to size, picked up some marine grade Loc-Tite to seal them around the exterior and pop riveted them in place. Put about 40 miles on them last weekend and found they performed nicely. No more hole in the footwell and also an added protection against any future hits sustained there. Nice cheap upgrade which also offers protection against an area that is commonly overlooked on the Wildcats. DrvrSide.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I decided to fabricate my own rear box bars. It seems that most factory accessories don't take into account many common upgrades. I didn't like the factory "box angle bar" as it looked like it would interfere with my EMP roof and rear window. I still have to close the lower front end (where the pipe meets the bumper), prep and paint. Please don't look too close at the welding, I burned paint and stuck it to the bumper quickly. I needed to get it out of the shop for the day. I built this more for an external storage point than rops enhancement. Ultimately I plan to fashion a spare mount, fuel storage and possibly spare shaft mounts as I like having a ride home?

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I made a box from 1/8th aluminum. First time welding aluminum so it was interesting I bought a smaller metal brake for the bends and yes i know they dont match side to side but i made them match the bottom. The only argon i could find was these tiny bottles that last 95% of the job. I wish there was a buzzer to let you know when its close to done. I also made a rack out of the passenger seat bracket to hold cooler, drone, backpack with all the survival goodies and next a shotgun mount. I got bored again and found a larger argon bottle so i made a bracket to hold both argon and c25 on weld cart. I love the welder, it can do it all. Dam I'm bored. Please keep the laughter to a minimum thank you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, I made some good use of this lockdown time - I finally finished my door filler panels! I made them from 16 gauge aluminum that I had laying around. There's a new powder coating shop that recently opened up close to me so I decided to give them a try. They came out looking really good, and the powder coat will be way more durable than paint. The best part - is was just $32.00 to get them done. It would have almost cost me that just for a rattle can paint job and wouldn't have looked nearly as good. I'm pretty happy with the way they came out.

Attachments

861 - 877 of 877 Posts