Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2015 Wildcat Trail special edition and want to improve ground clearance by running taller tires. I am leaning towards the following:
Front - 27x9x12
Rear - 27x11x12
Will I need wheels spacers to not have rubbing issues?
And if I want to avoid tipping over by pushing the stock 12” wheels out with the use of wheel spacers what will be the right spec for front and rear spacers so front and rear width will be the same?
Any help answering these questions will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
we had 29x9x12 front and 29x11x12 rear on our first trail on the oem rims...no rubbing issues at all...gained 1" ground clearance...another way to gain ground clearance is adding bandit springs to stop the oem springs from sagging...at the time bandit had only the 200/240 heavy duty springs...trail road beautifully with the set-up...

Reactions: Wired

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
First congrats on getting your Trail it's a great machine. IMO

When you add wheel spacers keep in mind that it will add more stress to other components and you will have to add fender flares because it will throw mud and dirt.
I took mine off and I run 28's.
DeanTeck is correct about the Bandit Springs for ground clearance and their might be some gentleman on here who are upgrading so they may sell their springs.

·
Registered
771 Posts
+1 to what the others have said. I have 27x9 & 27x11 12's (ITP Blackwaters) on our 2 trails with Bandit springs and no rubbing.

Gained a lot of clearance from these 2 mods.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
here is the link,but if you talk with mtgott or roylhr
they might be willing to sell you there used ones (only driven on Sunday by a little old lady going to church)
I would recommend heavy but some people are happy with the mediums.

Reactions: mtgott

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Thank you need links for the bandit springs please
As Boonedog has said, I will have a set of heavy Bandit springs ready for a new home after my new shocks arrive tomorrow. I would take $100 plus half the shipping cost for them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As Boonedog has said, I will have a set of heavy Bandit springs ready for a new home after my new shocks arrive tomorrow. I would take $100 plus half the shipping cost for them.
@roylohr I will take those heavy bandit springs off your hands please let me know when it’s available. Thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a ‘15 trail XT, used 30x10x14 Maxxis Carnivores on 14x7 Tusk wheels. Started out with stock springs with Perfex 2” lift, but then swapped out for Bandit Heavy Rate springs. I kept the perfex lift installed but installed the springs with very little pre-load so that I had a lot more adjustability for ride quality.
I have about 5” more ground clearance than factory, 100x better ride quality, much better aethetic looks. I maintained 50 1/4” width on all 4 corners. The only rub is on the firewall of driver side where there is the protrusion from the pedals; and the rub only happens when flexed and full hard crank left (which should be resolved by using steering limiter). Would do it all again the same way 10/10.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I just got a 2015 Wildcat Trail special edition and want to improve ground clearance by running taller tires. I am leaning towards the following:
Front - 27x9x12
Rear - 27x11x12
Will I need wheels spacers to not have rubbing issues?
And if I want to avoid tipping over by pushing the stock 12” wheels out with the use of wheel spacers what will be the right spec for front and rear spacers so front and rear width will be the same?
Any help answering these questions will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Go 28" tires you'll be happier with GC increase.
Different springs will raise you by forcing A-arms down further which narrows your wheel base.
1" spacers should get you back to about 50", I went with 1-1/2 & was very happy with results, I had no issues with increased bearing wear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got a great deal on GBC dirt commander tires i.n those sizes for a complete price of $140.08. I also got bandit heavy springs from @roylohr shich should be on the way to me I have decided on testing 1.5” spacers in front and 2” in the rear which I got from mudtech.

thank you for all the help with my questions and as a newbie here and with my Wildcat trail

·
Registered
302 Posts
I put 28x10x12 on stock rims and bandit heavy springs. I had rubbing up front at full spring extension and full turn off the wheels. The back rubbed the springs at full extension. I have 1” spacers on front and 1 1/2” on back. Would like to have no spacers but it rubs without. I think I could go with 1” on back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

thank you @roylohr for the bandit springs can’t wait to install the springs and once the stock tires are gone I will replace them with my GBC Dirt Commander.
By the way, just wanted to know if anyone used flat out tire sealant on their SXS?

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Glad that they got to you intact. I use Tireject in my Trail to keep from getting cactus punctures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts